PSI Malawi is affiliated to Population Service International, a Washington DC based non-governmental and nonprofit making organization. PSI Malawi mission is to support low income and at-risk Malawians to lead healthier lives through the provision and promotion of quality products and services, in line with the Government of Malawi goals. To accomplish its mission, PSI Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position;
Schools Mobilization Facilitators-Temporary
Based in Blantyre and reporting to the demand creation supervisor for schools, the school mobilization facilitator will be responsible for creating demand in secondary schools, targeting clients aged 15 years. Specifically, the incumbent will be responsible for the following;
- Facilitate VMMC demand creation activities in schools for age groups 15 years and above
- Plan and implement VMMC programs in schools and report to the school health coordinator.
- Work in collaboration with other stakeholders in implementing VMMC in schools
- Collect consent forms and make sure booked clients are transported to the circumcision site and then home after circumcision.
- Follow up on clients not yet booked
- Create good rapport with all gatekeepers and stakeholders in educational institutions so as to ensure the smooth flow of VMMC programs and events.
- Establish MC statuses for all classes at a particular school.
- Facilitate in taking client information through the use of registers.
- Organize mid-media activities and activities in general in schools.
- Facilitate reimbursement of airtime used by teachers and stakeholders.
- Mobilize in school adolescent boys to access VMMC services as well as to disseminate Sexual and Reproductive Health Information.
- Assist the Demand Creation Officer in planning district activities like mid media activities, outreach mapping and identification
- In the absence of the Demand Creation officer, to assists in the coordination of community demand creation activities.
Qualification, Knowledge, Ability and Skills
- Applicants must have bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or any relevant social sciences field
- Young and motivated to make a difference in their community.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Those based in Blantyre will have an added advantage
Mode of Application
Qualified candidates with the specified qualifications should submit their application letters together with detailed curriculum vitae with names and contact details of at least three traceable referees by 31 st May, 2021, to The Head of Human Resources and Administration, PSI Malawi, Box 30132, Lilongwe through: [email protected] with the job title as a subject line . Only applications sent through email will be entertained.
PSI Malawi is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or related medical conditions.
PSI maintains zero tolerance for child abuse, sexual abuse, or exploitative acts or threats by our employees, consultants, volunteers, contractors or anyone associated with the delivery of our programs and services, and takes seriously all complaints of misconduct brought to our atte ntion.