PSI Malawi is affiliated to Population Service International, a Washington DC based non-governmental and nonprofit making organization. PSI Malawi mission is to support low income and at- risk Malawians to lead healthier lives through the provision and promotion of quality products and services, in line with the Government of Malawi goals. To accomplish its mission, PSI Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position;
SBC and Knowledge Management Coordinator
Reporting to the Demand Creation Manager , the incumbent will be responsible for supporting coordination of youth SRH SBCC activities under the MPHD program. Specifically, he/she will be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities;
- Assist in administrative and logistic functions of the project i.e organization of creative brief sessions, trainings and meetings, pretesting arrangements, follow up on procurements and distribution of materials
- Support tracking and reporting of activities under this youth SBC program i.e generating standardized reports, developing and documenting success stories and supporting effective record keeping of strategy documents and tools for the Youth SRH SBC program
- Strengthen existing M&E systems and data collection e processes source documents, verify and enter program data
- Maintain operations by following policies and procedures and reporting requirements
- Manage program activity budgets and finances, analyse performance data and provide inputs into the improvements of activity implementation according to work plan.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Qualification, Knowledge, Ability and Skills
- Applicants must have Degree in Communication, Community Development or Public
- Must have experience working with government MDAs.
- Must have a back ground working in Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) field and those that are conversant with SRHR concepts will have an added advantage.
- Must be able to get on and connect with young people
- Must be familiar with behavioral change message development process
- Must be quick learner and self-starter
- Must possess excellent coordination, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Should have excellent skills in knowledge management (producing success stories, publications, program briefs, and other publishing
- Must have hands on experience in Data entry using ICT devices
- Must be conversant with internet packages
- Must be willing to go an extra mile
- Must be willing to reside any location
RH Demand Creation Supervisor
Reporting to the Demand Creation Coordinator, the incumbent will be responsible for District Level Implementation of Reproductive Health Demand Creation Strategies to increase demand for integrated sexual reproductive health and rights services for youth including people with disabilities(PWD). Specifically, he/she will be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities;
- Formulate a detailed monthly plan at district level in liaison with District Coordinator/ Team Lead and Interpersonal Communication (IPC) agents to guide service delivery & youth focused demand creation activities.
- Development and adherence to monthly plans by Interpersonal communications agents
- Plan for, and ensures proper program branding, visibility, and adequate stakeholder engagement at district level.
- Map districts and identify appropriate sites, demand creation settings and partners to facilitate youth focused demand
- Conduct all demand creation activities including logistical support as per Reproductive Health demand creation standard operating procedures
- Identify, implement and monitor unique district and area specific youth oriented demand strategies
- Implement district and community demand generation activities in liaison with the Ministry of Health and other district level key
- Identify demand creation opportunities in the district and leverage partner activities to channel clients to PSI service delivery
- Coordinate with youth networks to identify gaps in information and SRH Services accessed by youth.
- Link communities to service delivery teams for successful referrals particularly the youth and people with disabilities through coordination of youth focused clinics and ensuring uptake of services by young
- Update the youth club database and facilitate capacity building of youth clubs
- Monitor the economic activities of the youth clubs in their districts
- Work with youth community volunteer comprehensive sexuality education facilitator to mobilize out of school based youth for group sessions
- Supervise and monitor enrolment and completion of out of school youth comprehensive Sexuality Education sessions
- Lead in recruitment and training of community mobilisers on demand creation strategies, key messages, and community mobilization and Interpersonal Communication skills
- Process the collection and collation of mobiliser payments and facilitates timely processing of mobilizer payments
- Supervise, mentor and support community mobilizers in their day-to-day demand creation
- Monitor performance on daily basis, identify challenges and implement solutions that respond to output fluctuations
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to Demand Creation Coordinator on all activities conducted with a special focus on what works and impact of activities
- Support Demand Creation Coordinator in collecting and sharing information for success stories and lessons
- Submit all demand creation data in the ODK (open Data Kit) (mobiliser data, condoms/ECP distribution/ out of school CSE data) timely to monitoring and evaluation department
Qualification, Knowledge, Ability and Skills
- Applicants must have a Degree in Communication, Community Development or Public Health or any relevant field with at least two (2) years’ experience in implementing field level community mobilization and behaviour change communication programs that result in uptake of
- Must have good interpersonal communication and analytical skills
- Must demonstrate analytical and data interpretive skills to resolve complex and continuously evolving challenges within RH demand creation program
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good facilitation skills
- Must be conversant in Microsoft applications
Mode of Application
Qualified candidates with the specified qualifications and experience should submit their application letters together with detailed curriculum vitae with names and contact details of at least three traceable referees by 8 th October, 2021 , to The Head of Human Resources, PSI Malawi, Box 30132, Lilongwe through: [email protected] with the job title as a subject line .
PSI Malawi is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or related medical conditions. PSI maintains zero tolerance for child abuse, sexual abuse, or exploitative acts or threats by our employees, consultants, volunteers, contractors or anyone associated with the delivery of our programs and services, and takes seriously all complaints of misconduct brought to our attention.