Abt Associates (Abt) is a mission-driven global leader in research, evaluation and program implementation in the fields of international development, health, and social and environmental policy. Known for its rigorous approach to solving complex challenges, Abt is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. The company has multiple offices in the U.S. and program offices in more than 40 countries. Serving both the public and private sectors, Abt supports participatory governance processes that empower citizens and promote accountability and transparency across sectors. Our impact is felt in responsive and inclusive institutions, empowered communities, equitable access to public services, improved mobilization and management of financial resources, and enhanced enabling environments for economic growth and opportunity.
The anticipated Malawi MOMENTUM Activity seeks to reduce maternal, newborn, and child morbidity and mortality in Malawi and execute interventions in health systems strengthening and priority health areas: family planning (FP) and reproductive health (RH); maternal, newborn, and child health (MNCH); malaria and nutrition.
The Satellite Team Lead, under the supervision of the Chief of Party and in collaboration with the Deputy Chief of Party, will be responsible for directing, coordinating and overseeing the activity’s Zonal/District/Community based implementation, managing up to 5 district based teams. This position reports to the COP and has direct reports.
Hiring for two positions, one based in Lilongwe and one in Blantyre and is contingent upon contract award to Abt Associates.
- In collaboration with program area leads provide technical, managerial and strategic direction for the District project offices and field staff;
- Coordinate and oversee program intervention progress at the District/facility/community levels and take appropriate action to ensure performance meets targets;
- Facilitate collaboration between the project’s central office program leads and the District leads at the field offices for effective program implementation;
- Participate as a member of the project’s Senior Management Team (SMT);
- Coordinate resources in program implementation Districts to maximize efficient and effective use in executing planned activities;
- Work closely with satellite Learning and Evidence Officer and District Team Leads to monitor performance progress and make appropriate changes;
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with government program area managers, District Councils and other stakeholders at all levels in the District health structure and with private sector organizations and senior staff;
- Provide timely submission of complete and regular field level reports for all project Zone/Districts offices (monthly, annual, event reports, supervision and mentoring reports), critically appraise the reports, suggest appropriate feedbacks for improvement and present for submission;
- Closely work with partners, grantees, resource partners and other project implementers at the Zone/District levels). Support implementation of grants and facilitate reporting and communication with the central office.
- Perform other activities as assigned by immediate supervsior.
- Master’s degree in Public Health or a clinical care degree or other relevant degree and at least 7 years of experience supporting health service delivery programs.
- At least 5 years of experience in a senior technical position for a public health and/or international development project; USAID project experience highly preferred.
- Experience integrating private sector engagement to health programming.
- Experience working in the Malawi and/or other African countries in similar health systems and service delivery issues.
- Demonstrated leadership, creative problem-solving, and management skills.
- Proven capacity in working with a diverse group of partners including USAID staff, key Ministry officials, and local and national civil society organizations.
- The ability to travel extensively to program locations within Malawi as well as to other countries as required.
- Advanced written and oral communication, presentation, and representational skills.
- Excellent computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, database management, and PowerPoint.
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English required.
Bachelor’s Degree + Nine years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Seven years of relevant experience, or PhD + Four years of relevant experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
At Abt Associates, we are committed to creating a lasting culture of equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that in order to achieve full participation, our practices must be free of prejudice, discrimination, and bias that result in inequitable outcomes. We are actively working to advance equity for everyone, and while we still have much work to do, we know that racial and cultural diversity are an asset to our business and the communities where we live and serve. Our ongoing commitment is focused on creating business practices that advance racial and social equity, investments in community impact programs for the benefit of Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), and expand upon project work related to racial equity and social justice.
To apply for this job please visit egpy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com .