Training and Research Unit of Excellence (TRUE) is seeking to recruit, highly motivated and hardworking Research Nurse Interns (Two posts to be based in Lilongwe, those who are currently based in aforementioned district will have an added advantage). The appointment will be for 3 to 6 months subject to performance and availability of funds.
Job Summary : To assist in the management of day-to-day activities of the research study, including providing patient care, assist in ordering and managing stocks, and maintaining site/study records according to the procedures and principles of Good Clinical Practice and Human Subjects Protection.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties shall include but not limited to the following;
- Screening of potential study participants at participating health facilities;
- Providing and obtaining informed consent from study participants;
- Enrolling study participants;
- Completion of Case Report Forms (CRFs);
- Following up study participants including conducting home visits where applicable;
- Conducting study procedures according to the study protocols Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and good clinical practice (GCP)
- Provide general nursing care to study participants;
- Provide medical care to non-study participants (patients) at the health facility;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Conducting quality control activities of the study as outlined in applicable SOPs and protocols;
- Assisting the Study Coordinator in developing, revising and updating SOPs and CRFs for study participants;
- Assisting the Study Coordinator in ordering and accounting for study supplies at the study site;
- Assisting the Study Coordinator in collating and compiling data on screening, enrolment and follow-up processes for submission to the Principal Investigator;
- To participate in regular study team meetings to evaluate and plan study activities;
- Assist in community engagement activities for the study;
- A minimum of Degree or Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery and in possession of GCP certificate
- Registered with the Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi
- High professional conduct at all times in accordance with existing rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Good nurse-patient interpersonal relationship. Always put the patient/study participant first (Patient centered).
- Good practice of research ethics – respect patient confidentiality
For more information about the job and how to apply please follow the link: https://forms.gle/zKQ5e9T63iTo8uUZ9
Closing date for receiving applications is 3 rd December 2021.
NB: Internship Program does not have any renumeration attached to it
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle .