The Catholic Commission for Justice and Peace (CCJP of the Archdiocese of Blantyre is a social arm of the Catholic Church mandated to promote integral human development, economic and political governance, gender and development, social and economic justice, environment justice, capacity building and empowerment of the less privileged in society especially women and children.
Misereor- Germany granted CCJP funds to implement a project entitled “Shaping of Girls’ Future in Neno District”. CCJP is therefore inviting applications to fill the following post:
RESEARCH AND PARALEGAL DESK OFFICER
Duties and Responsibilities
Directly reporting to the Archdiocesan Coordinator, He/She will be responsible for the following duties
- Link with the Archdiocesan Coordinator, Finance Officer and Project Officer (M&E) in planning project activities and preparing reports
- Assist the Project Officer in organizing workshops and other planned project’s activities.
- Participate in meetings to share project progress with stakeholders.
- Maintain regular contact with project partners to promote gender and child protection initiatives
- Reporting to the Archdiocesan Secretary on the planned work and progress of the project
- Foster positive working relationships with local communities and district government officials
- Undertaking quantitative and qualitative research
- Gender Mainstreaming-Technical Support to the Project
- Handling cases from clients
- Mediating disputes from clients
- Scrutinizing cases from Paralegal Clinics and Community Based Paralegals
- Assisting and supporting Paralegal Clinic Officers in handling cases in all the Paralegal Clinics
- Documenting reports and success stories from the Paralegal Clinics
- Analyzing cases and preparing files for further action
- Soliciting thorough and admissible evidence for all cases
- Referring cases to other relevant offices
- Ensuring that paralegals are offering services and executing their duties accordingly.
- Monitoring the project’s activities along with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and Project team
- Participate in gender and child protection Coordination mechanisms with implementing partners and other agencies.
Knowledge, ability and skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Able to use database software packages
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation skills
- Excellent mediation skills
- Legal Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and team player
- Computer knowledge
- Project Management
- Be conversant with issues of governance and democracy
- Be knowledgeable of Catholic Social Teaching of the Church
- A minimum of Diploma in Law or Certificate in Paralegal Skills obtained at Mpemba with at least two years’ experience in related field
- Experience in a Law Film will be an added advantage
Method of application
Interested applicants should send their applications stating their age, marital status, gender along with their current curriculum vitae with names of three traceable referees to the address below not later than 22nd september, 2023.
Applicants should provide their contact phone numbers. Only short-listed applicants will be acknowledged.
The Archdiocesan Coordinator,
Catholic Commission for Justice and Peace,
Archdiocese of Blantyre,
P.O. Box 32160, Chichiri,
Or by Email: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]