Country Portfolio: Malawi, South Africa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Job Location: Lilongwe, Malawi or TBD
Travel: Local/regional and international travel is required.
Reporting to: VP Global Programs and Operations, Operation Smile Inc.
As Regional Director, you are required to perform the duties and functions listed below. Your duties and functions may be added to or changed from time to time at the organization’s sole discretion as the regional infrastructure expands and as circumstances require.
Leadership & Management
· Regional Director is responsible and accountable for the overall guidance of their country and region in alignment with Operation Smile programmatic and organisational strategies. Primary areas of focus will be strategic planning, program development and implementation with secondary focus on business operations.
· Work in concert with executive leadership and the board of directors in respective program countries, providing guidance, and mentorship to Executive Directors and board members.
· Ensure alignment with Operation Smile functional areas including Strategy, Medicine, Logistics, Quality and Development.
· Provide key point of accountability and contact for regional and country teams’ overall performance and quality of work – specifically focused on the achievement of programmatic goals.
· Serve as a liaison and primary point of contact for various departments at Operation Smile HQ for all matters related to regional and program country operations.
· Champion the adoption of global operating standards, while ensuring proper alignment within each local country context.
· Ensure that human resources, legal and financial operations at the assigned country levels are executed in a timely and efficient manner and are compliant with global and local regulations.
· Working with Executive Directors, Program and Finance Managers to manage comprehensive budget development for operations and for the multi-year programs.
· Working with OS and Executive Directors, contribute to the financial management in country to ensure operational effectiveness, adherence to fiscal processes to ensure relevant and timely reporting and relevant fund transference with OSI.
· Working with OS Finance, support the identification of efficiencies and opportunities to bolster operational effectiveness and impact.
· Thoroughly understand the budgeted activities and costs being able to communicate and report to relevant stakeholders.
Strategic Planning, Program Development & Program Implementation
- Work with global, regional and program country representatives to create and update strategic work plans on a multi-year and annual basis, re-evaluating more frequently as necessary.
- Support executive leadership, global staff and program country foundation boards in the successful design, execution, and evaluation of programs.
- Support the submission of quarterly program reports to OSHQ with all relevant requirements.
- Support requests for annual or six-monthly program reports for significant donors as required.
· Serve as a global ambassador and representative of the organization for local, regional, and international stakeholders as required.
· Support as required, board development and stakeholder engagement in country.
· Work in concert with Operation Smile colleagues globally and in the region to build and maintain relationships with external partners including NGOs, government institutions, universities, and donors.
Strategic Initiatives & Special Projects
- Collaborate with the regional and program country executive teams, boards, and external stakeholders on high-level engagements & strategic initiatives such as, country assessments, quarterly portfolio review, and country business plans.
- Facilitate special projects including collaborating with MOHs to develop national cleft care protocols, national surgical anesthesia, obstetrics policies, and other health systems strengthening programs on an as needed basis.
· Experience within the NGO sector an advantage.
· Ability to design, budget and articulate multiyear programs to reflect Operation Smile’s approach to comprehensive cleft lip and palate care, global essential surgery, health system strengthening, global health delivery and non-governmental organizations.
· Highly motivated with proven ability to lead, coordinate, and facilitate programmatic operations, projects and teams.
· Experience with budget, financial management and reporting
· Proven ability to work across cultures exercising diplomacy and tact.
· Highly capable verbal and written communicator.
· Ability to travel throughout the region as well as internationally, to include Operation Smile Headquarters.
· Fluent in English, and French
· Bachelor’s degree in public health or equivalent.i
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com .