Training and Research Unit of Excellence (TRUE) is seeking to recruit, highly motivated and hardworking Radiology Technicians (Senior and Junior) to be based in Zomba. The appointments will be on a fixed-term basis of two years, which may be renewed depending on performance and availability of funds.
Job Summary: Under the leadership of Site Scientific Lead, the Radiology Technician will prepare patients and equipment for radiology procedures, perform the tests, and maintain the equipment according to TRUE procedures and principles of Good Clinical Practice.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties shall include but not limited to the following;
1. Prepare examination room, equipment, and instruments per patient needs
2. Position patient correctly for radiological procedures
3. Operate x-ray and other radiological equipment according to established procedures to ensure patient safety and comfort
4. Develop, process, and print radiological film or other radiological output
5. Review and evaluate radiological images to determine quality and if they need to be redone
6. Answer patient questions as they relate to the procedure
7. Operate within radiologic standards of care
8. Document patient care records in accordance with outlined policies and procedures
9. Other duties assigned by the Site Leads.
Required skills and Abilities
1. Thorough understanding of medical terminology and treatment plans.
2. Excellent patient care skills.
3. Ability to interpret complex data.
4. Ability to stand, reach and bend in prolonged periods.
5. Must be able to lift heavy stuff at times.
6. Must be able to work with computers and internet e.g., to upload X-Ray images to the research team.
7. To always put the patient/study participant first (Patient centered).
8. To respect patient confidentiality and not divulge patient details or results to person.
9. To use the equipment and TRUE premises solely for the use it is intended and not for personal gain.
10. To work only under guidelines and standard operating protocols (SOPs) as laid out by the Principal Investigator and guidelines as outlined by Good Clinical Practice (GCP), Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) and Human Subjects Protection (HSP).
11. Attend all seminars and meetings both external and internal as available and as requested.
1. Minimum of a Diploma (or equivalent) in radiology at an accredited medical institution, and previous research experience.
2. Experience working with a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) equipment will be an advantage.
3. Previous research experience will be an added advantage
For more information about the job and how to apply please follow the link
Closing date for receiving applications is 24 December 2021.