Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. EGPAF currently supports national, district, and local governments, facilities, communities, and non-governmental partners. In 2020, EGPAF’s global footprint spans 15 countries. To date, EGPAF has supported over 15,000 sites to offer HIV counselling, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services alongside high-quality family health care. Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001. Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence?based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 179 health facilities in nine districts through EGPAF’s U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) ?funded Achieving HIV Epidemic Control through Scaling Up Quality Testing, Care and Treatment in Malawi.
EGPAF seeks to fill the following open position
Position : Qualitative Research Assistants (4)
Department : Research
Location : Ntcheu, Dedza, Mchinji ( RAs To be based in the districts)
Reporting to : Study Coordinator
Duration : Monthly Contracts extended as needed
The Data Collector must be a self-motivated individual who is experienced in qualitative research. He/she will work closely with the study coordinator and Research Officer to ensure timely and accurate collection of research data.
Essential duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Become certified in human subject ethics
- Attend the data collection training
- Obtain informed consent with all study participants
- Recruit individuals and conduct in-depth interviews
- Transcribe and translate all interviews into English
- Meet with Study Coordinator regularly to ensure data is being collected according to the protocol and standard operating procedures
- Maintain confidentiality of information collected
- Respond to inquiries regarding data as requested by relevant country office staff
Skills and competencies
- Proven experience in qualitative research, especially in public health related research
- Previous experience conducting Indepth Interviews
- Ability to interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds
- Professional and respectful
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Fluency in English and Chichewa
- A minimum of Diploma in health sciences (nursing, clinical medicine etc)
- Computer literacy (ICDL certificate will be an added advantage)
- Previous experience in qualitative data collection is strongly preferred
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B), and we strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: BIPOC (black, indigenous, and other people of color), women and non-binary, LGBT+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender), individuals with disabilities, and other members of historically underrepresented groups.
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact [email protected]
To apply log onto EGPAF webpage : https://www.pedaids.org/about/careers
Closing Date: 8th August, 2021