Greenlivelihoods (GL)I s a Malawian based non-for-profit organization that champions green development and value chains development and its commercialization processes for increased sustainable economic opportunities of the poor and marginalized but business-bankable people via cooperative and/or group orchestrated programming. With funding from Unites States Agency for International Development (USAID) in Malawi, GL is leading the implementation of a two year project entitled Moringa Value Chain Enterprise Development (MOVED) Activity in Salima district. This project is being implementation in partnership with Nutri Products and Moringa Malawi (The Seed Masters) in collaboration with the Government of Malawi.
The main objective of MOVED Project is to contribute to increased investment portfolio for rural economic growth, improved food-income security and ensure reduced vulnerability of small-scale farmers to the effects of climate change in Salima district by 2023.
MOVED Project will pursue the following areas of specific objectives (SOs):
SO1) Increasing community-household ‘investment-financial capital ‘through promotion of market inclusive and commercialization of Moringa integrated value chain businesses. SO2) Increasing household economic, environmental and health security through Moringa integrated agroforestry farming and cooperative approached investments.
The purpose of the job is to manage the Moringa Value Chain Development (MOVED) Project, funded by USAID. The Project Manager will be in charge of all project operations on day to day basis and therefore shall supervise all partner activities related to the project. The Manager will provide overall management of the project across the program as per the key responsibilities below. This is a challenging role within the MOVED Project partnership and calls for a highly committed and results-orientated person with excellent organizational and communication skills, as well as enthusiasm and initiative for green growth and drive for community-led entrepreneurship. Contract period one renewable.
Key Responsibilities (experience required)
- Lead, manage and coordinate day-to-day planning, implementation and management of project activities according to the project document, project budget and project theory of change
- Ensure effective integration of core technical areas – Nutrition, Gender, Green Enterprise Development, Agriculture and Natural Resource Management
- Strengthen the capacity of partner’s/farmers’ associations/cooperatives/MSMEs to identify sustainable economic opportunities;
- Overall management of human and financial resources of the project as the budget holder;
- Provide technical input for the implementation of the project including in the preparation of training materials, guides and manuals
- Prepare standard progress reports (monthly, quarterly and annual), annual work plans and budgets for consideration by the Country Project Management Team;
- Ensure effective coordination of planned project activities among both Green livelihoods and implementing partners towards the timely attainment of the project outcomes and objectives;
- Ensure project compliance with all legal and donor requirements;
- Facilitate effective communication and decision-making between GL and all stakeholders for effective process management
- Act as the key focal point with GL country office/Project Implementation Unit (PMU) to ensure all programming, financial and administrative matters related to the project are transparently, expediently and effectively managed, in line with established processes, rules and regulations
- Ensure monitoring systems and tools are developed and used by all project staff to track project progress, and capture learning
- Coordinate processes for project evaluation, document and share lessons learned with Government and development partners and other stakeholders
- Monitor the context and carry out adjustments to project plans and management on an on-going basis in light of changing context, resources, and opportunities
- Represent GL at national, regional and international levels, to donors, local and national government authorities, other NGOs, and any other parties as required
- Ensure all organizational safety and security guidelines are followed and that all safety or security incidents (fires, motorbike accidents, theft, etc.) are appropriately recorded and reported
- Ensure efficient use and management of all project resources including transport
- Facilitate effective teamwork, coordination and work planning among development partners
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Project Director/Executive Director
Qualifications, knowledge and Experience
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in agribusiness, agricultural entrepreneurship sciences, social sciences, green innovation and development practice, or a related field. Those with Master’s degree in the same fields will have an added advantage.
- At least five years of senior level management experience in the design, implementation, and management of an activity of similar size, complexity, and setting.
- At least 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of agricultural projects with an agri-business focused; seed multiplication, value chains and/or related projects
- A good understanding of project cycle management approaches and tools – including Participatory Vulnerability and Capacity Assessment, Market Assessments i.e. via Compendium Diamond Analysis, Inclusive Planning, project appraisal, monitoring and evaluation and partners’ capacity building;
- Demonstrated success in managing technical aspects of income generating projects and working with community-based organizations, including cooperatives or associations.Strong knowledge of product quality assurance and marketing procedures.
Role Competencies :
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills People management skills ·
- Proactive and motivated with a strong commitment to GL’s vision, mission and values ·
- Strong computer skills especially with MS Word and Excel and other related packages ·
- Attention to detail and the ability to produce timely and accurate reports ·
- Ability to work as part of team across different cultures.
How to apply
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience above should submit their applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), relevant copies of Certificates, three traceable referees, include the job title to:
P.O. Box 338
The deadline for receiving applications is Friday, 13th August, 2021. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Greenlivelihoods thanks all applicants for their interest.