others2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across ten sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower women living with HIV to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 11,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
Overall Purpose of the Job
To oversee implementation of quality m2m Expert Clients program, and new mothers at m2m sites in selected areas in selected districts of Malawi. Supervise all Expert Client Co-ordinators under his/her jurisdiction; monitor and ensure quality improvement of m2m services.
Description of Tasks / Key Performance Areas
Management and Supervision: (60%)
- To manage an effective and efficient facility level program that will ensure quality in delivery of services to clients.
- Develop, implement and monitor work plan for selected sites in assigned Districts.
- Develop and manage Facility budgets including reconciling of facility expenditures and budgets as well as the smooth running of sites.
- Monitor monthly services statistics, compile site and district service reports and assess areas for quality/service improvement.
- Develop site improvement plans and roll-out interventions to promote continued service integration, quality and effectiveness (where needed).
- Liaise with Trainer(s) and Monitoring and Evaluation Unit to assess site performance and implement joint interventions as required.
- Manage performance of the Expert Client Coordinators including work schedules and leave for all site staff.
- Mentor Expert Client Coordinators including provision of supportive supervision at site level.
- Representation of m2m in District coordinating forums including managing strategic relationships with District Health Management teams and other implementing partners/stakeholders.
Site Financial , Administration and HR (40%)
- Attend monthly Project Manager meetings and communicate learning back to Snr Program Manager and country office staff.
- Addressing personal and professional challenges being faced by EC Coordinators.
- Ensure availability of tools and timely reporting by EC Coordinators.
- Compile monthly statistics from sites and provide information to the Snr Program Manager Compile monthly reports on program activities .
- Ensure that all project funds are accounted for from all facilities in the cluster by compiling financial records and monitoring expenditure in line with mothers2mothers procedures.
- Comply with all HR procedures and orient Expert Client Coordinators on the policies, procedures, and expectations of them in their day to day work.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree/diploma in Nursing, Social Science or related field
- Excellent knowledge/exposure of national ART protocols and policies.
- Minimum of 4 years’ field experience preferably in the HIV/AIDS area of Public Health or NGO environment, with at least 2 years’ in a managerial role
- Strong project management experience.
- Applied knowledge of Human Resource Management.
- Applied knowledge of M & E systems and tools.
- Applied knowledge of financial management systems.
- Excellent communication, time management skills, good reporting and writing skills.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining strategic relationships with external stakeholders at multiple levels.
- Strong computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Internet).
- Willingness to travel.
- Good mentoring skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Fluency in English and Chichewa (will be strongly advantageous).
- Ability to work independently, problem-solve collectively and innovatively.
- Computer literacy.