mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across ten sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower women living with HIV to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 11,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
Overall Purpose of the Job
The role of Project Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing implementation of the RMNCH/PMTCT/ECD Project in his/her designated cluster of facilities. To further its goal of identifying increasing uptake of Reproductive Health Services/ECD services and retaining them in care, m2m has broadened the scope of its peer based RMNCH/ PMTCT education and Psychosocial support model to provide services and incorporate ECD services regardless of gender. The post holder will work
collaboratively with the Project Manager and s/he will provide mentorship to Mentor Mothers with technical, management and administrative support.
Description of Tasks / Key Performance Areas
Direct Service Delivery (40%)
- Pre-enrollment support.
- Review the linkages within the facility to ensure all RMNCH/ECD clients are appropriately linked to care.
- Review the enrolment and HTS registers.
- Monitor and ensure appointment diaries are up-to date.
- Monitor patient attendance register is completed daily.
- Monitor missed appointments and follow up registers with patients, are up to date.
Defaulter Tracing & management(10%)
- Review missed appointments transferred into defaulter tracing diary/register are up-to-date.
- Review defaulter tracing register is up to date with outcomes recorded
- Ensure that home visits recorded.
- Meet the Facility-in-Charge to verify lists of missed appointments submitted for physical tracing
- Check the number of adherence education sessions performed.
- Check the number of PSSGs formed and number of meetings held a week against the schedule.
- Check the number disclosure sessions held and number of clients support in the process.
- Check the number PHDP sessions held.
- Sample PSSG records (register, minutes of meetings etc) for correct data.
Support Viral Load Monitoring(10%)
- Check the number of lists of ART clients eligible for VL and those not been notified of their High VL results.
- Check the number of booster adherence sessions provided for patients with suppressed viral load.
- Ensure VL/DBS collection and results are documented by Mentor Mothers.
Site Coordination (35%)
- Liaise with the designated facility focal point person to check Mentor Mother performance.
- Capacity building of Mentor Mother on their roles and responsibilities through one on one mentorship. Plan and coordinate a roster of Mentor Mother work schedules.
- Manage any crisis at the site level and request assistance from facility on Mentor Mother management as appropriate.
- Coordinate weekly meetings with Mentor Mother to facilitate staff development.
- Monitor Mentor Mother for signs or symptoms of stress or burnout; provide support or recommendations for referrals as appropriate.
- Identify Mentor Mother training needs.
Site Financial , Administration and HR (25%)
- Attend monthly Site Coordinator meetings and communicate learning back to Project Manager and facility staff.
- Addressing personal and professional challenges being faced by Mentor Mothers.
- Ensure availability of tools and timely reporting by Mentor Mother.
- Participate in facility-level QI meetings.
- Compile monthly statistics for each site and provide information to the Project Manager.
- Compile monthly reports on program activities.
- Ensure that all project funds are accounted for at site level by compiling financial records and monitoring expenditure in line with mothers2mothers procedures.
- Comply with all HR procedures and orient Expert Clients on policies, procedures, and expectations of them in their day to day work.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum of Malawi Secondary School Certificate of Education (MSCE)
• Diploma in nutrition, education, social sciences or related field
• 3-5 years’ experience in programme Management
• Experience coordinating and/ or leading public health programmes in resource limited settings.
• Experience working with government specifically MOH.
• Good working knowledge and understanding of HIV AIDS.
• Experience working with USG funded projects.
• Good working knowledge of relevant ART care and treatment protocols and policies in Malawi.
• Experience building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and staff management skills.
• Problem Solving, methodical and independent work ethic.
• Fluent in English and Chichewa.
• Computer literacy.
To apply for this job please visit mothers2mothers.hua.hrsmart.com .