ActionAid Malawi is a locally registered non-governmental organization under the Company’s Act limited by Guarantee and is an affiliate of ActionAid International, a federation of national organizations working in over 45 countries in Africa, Asia, Americas, and Europe regions. ActionAid has been working in Malawi since 1991 and works in partnership with communities, community-based organizations, civil society, social movements, and governments across the world to fight and eradicate poverty, injustice, and exclusion. We work with and support the poor and excluded people in the struggle to demand and claim their rights. Action Aid’s work is focused on women’s rights, right to education, food security, just and democratic governance, human security and HIV& AIDS. ActionAid Malawi is a Sub Recipient for Covid-19 Response Mechanism Community Engagement grant under the Global Fund through Ministry of Health.
ActionAid is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position to support the grant.
Reports To: Head of Programs and Policy
No. of Positions: 1
Duration: October 2021 to December, 2023
Under the leadership of the Head of Programs and Policy, the Program Manager leads, supervises, coordinates and is accountable for the implementation of the Covid-19 Response Mechanism with funding from Global Fund amounting to $7 Million over a 2-year period. To that effect, he/she will be responsible for leading a team of professionals and partner organizations in the management of the grant.
- Program Planning, and Implementation
- Provide Technical Quality Assurance Support
- Responsible for External Communication and Coordination with Stakeholders
- Management of Human Resource for the program
- Development and Operational Effectiveness
- In liaison with the head of Program and Policy, provide overall leadership in strategic planning, results-based management and reporting of the grant.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in business, Economics, social sciences, or public health, with experience in the area of HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis
- 5 years of relevant international experience in project management in post-conflict country
- Significant previous background in institutional environment of development cooperation (NGO’s, UN System, multilateral cooperation, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of the political, economic, and cultural background of the African continent
- Communicates concisely and is able to establish excellent relationships with national authorities and international interlocutors
- High moral integrity, as well as diplomacy and impartiality.
Suitably qualified Malawian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. To apply for the position, submit your curriculum vitae with a motivation letter to [email protected] by 5pm on Monday, 22 nd October 2021.
All applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits and qualified women are especially encouraged to apply . Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
For more details about the job description visit our ActionAid International Malawi Website link:: https://malawi.actionaid.org/jobs/2021/covid-19-response-job-vacancies