Save the Children is inviting applications from suitably qualified person to fill the position of Program Facilitator- Basic Education, based in Mwanza. The Program Facilitator- Basic Education (PFBE) is responsible for providing leadership in district-level planning, coordination, implementation and monitoring of basic education activities with a focus on Inclusive Education, and Literacy and Numeracy in collaboration with district level implementing partners from the targeted districts. He/she will support all project capacity building interventions to strengthen the capacity of teachers, community volunteers and other stakeholders at district level to implement various education related activities. The Program Facilitator is expected to have strong skills in Inclusive Education, Literacy and Numeracy, Child Protection, Gender, Advocacy, Community mobilization, Child Participation and Adult Training Facilitation.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- BEd, BSc in Social Sciences , Development Studies
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in implementing basic education interventions with a special focus on Inclusive Education, and Literacy and Numeracy.
- Experience in project management.
- Demonstrated experience in a technical role in basic education and in particular, Inclusive Education, and Literacy and Numeracy is desirable
- Strong knowledge of Education and Child Protection policies and practice in Malawi and global
- Demonstrated experience of working with complex teams in different geographic locations
- Demonstrated experience of working in fast-moving and fluid professional environments with multiple competing deadlines and tasks
- Excellent communication skills in Chichewa and English, both oral and written
- Computer literacy in Microsoft software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Express.
- Capacity to train, coach and mentor project staff as well as partners.
- Commitment to Save the Children values and Child Safeguarding.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/ careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 7 Jul 2021
Closing date: 13 Jul 2021 – 23:59 CAT
Location: Blantyre, Malawi
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contract
To apply for this job please visit malawi.savethechildren.net .