Based in the warm heart of Africa, Malawi, Hillview International School is an established Nursery and Primary with a modern, innovative and growing High School. The school provides exciting opportunities for students to achieve academic excellence, independence, leadership, and social responsibility through providing a well rounded and holistic education. Situated on a beautiful campus in Limbe, Hillview serves a vibrant, family-oriented community.
This key post will lead and manage the affairs of the Primary School, but could include a whole school role as Principal for the right candidate. In conjunction with the senior leadership team, this role will facilitate overall school leadership ensuring a positive experience for pupils and students from Nursery to Secondary. Knowledge of the British National Curriculum for EYFS and Key Stages 1 and 2 is essential and experience of the Cambridge Curriculum at High School (Key Stages 3-5) would be an advantage.
Ideally this would be April 2022 , however for the right candidate the school would be prepared to facilitate a September 2022 start date.
- An internationally recognised professional qualification for Headteachers or a masters degree equivalent
- A relevant internationally recognised degree and a postgraduate teaching qualification with prior teaching experience
- Knowledge and experience of the national curriculum of England and Wales and the Cambridge curriculum
- Experience working in Google Workspace for education to effectively manage this platform within the school
- An outstanding and proven track record of international school leadership experience and professional conduct
- Experience in financial, HR/personnel, grounds and resources management
- Awareness of current developments and initiatives in education
- The ability to articulate a strong vision and take responsibility together with the School Board, for the strategic direction of the whole school and to advocate for the Primary School specifically to ensure the delivery of an excellent education
- The ability to formulate aims and policies which provide the platform to deliver excellence
- To provide appropriate support for staff and pupils including teaching duties and assessment administration
- To develop positive relationships and partnerships between parents, staff, pupils and the wider community as stakeholders
- To engage and communicate well within a multicultural, international setting effectively promoting the school, its values, and ethos
Undisclosed. 100% school fees subsidy offered for children attending Hillview, Flights, Accommodation and basic furnishing, Gratuity and Medical Aid.
Please upload the following documents to the portal
- A cover letter, briefly outlining your education philosophy
- CV (not more than 2 pages), including contact details of three referees, one of which should be your current employer.
Successful applicants will be contacted for first-round interviews by mid November. Please visit our website to learn more about our school, other available positions and career opportunities.
Hillview International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and will require relevant police clearance certificates / DBS checks.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com .