About the job
We are looking for a self-motivated operationally minded individual to take the reins as the plant operations manager at our world-class blending facility in Liwonde.
The applicate will be required to manage all aspects of the Fertilizer plant from the receipt of the raw commodity to the storage, production and dispatching of our core product, SuperFert. This role requires the applicant to meet production goals sustainably, efficiently and effectively in a remote environment. In addition, ensuring all aspects of health and safety protocols are strictly adhered to and monitored.
The working is remote and the environment can be hot and noisy.
- Plan, coordinate, manage and control the day to day operations.
- Formulates and execute the approved fertilizer plant budget across income and expenditure for each financial year.
- Implements strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives with a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Allocates resources effectively and thoroughly utilize the assets to produce optimal results, ensuring an adequate return on Meridian’s investment.
- Enforces quality control procedures are strictly adhered to in the production process to guarantee brand trust and consistency.
- Continues to foster a positive relationship with other stakeholders.
- Ensure HSE measures are implemented and adhered to.
- Ensures that the human resources functions are conducted in line with the company policies.
- 5 Years senior management position within an operations function.
- Highly skilled in all Microsoft packages.
- Management experience within a large production environment.
- Strong leadership and organisational skills
- A strong communication ability with senior management and lower-tiered workforce.
- Technical understanding of plant operations.
- Fertiliser experience preferred but not a dealbreaker.
- Knowledge and experience in CRM/ERP (Sage/Oracle) and Business Intelligence beneficial.
- Logistics background preferable.
- Minimum 3 Year Diploma in Operations Management, Bachelor of Commerce in Supply Chain and Operations preferable.
- Certificate or Executive qualification in Human Resource Management beneficial.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com .