Saint John of God Hospitaller Services is a non-profit healthcare organization established in 1994 to contribute to the development of health for all Malawians targeting the most vulnerable, marginalized and excluded groups. With its operations in both Lilongwe and Mzuzu, St John of God Malawi is a key provider of tertiary and community based mental health promotion and care; early intervention services for children with both intellectual and physical disability; vocational training for orphans & vulnerable youth including those with disability; health care and other services for older persons; psychosocial counselling, stress and addiction management services; rehabilitation of street children; self-help group approach for women empowerment and tertiary level training in Psychiatric Nursing, Clinical Medicine-Mental Health, Psychosocial Counselling and General Nursing.
Saint John of God Hospitaller Services therefore seeks to recruit officers to fill the following vacant post tenable at our Saint John of God Centre in Mzuzu
Reporting to the Clinical Director, the Pharmacist will be expected to work collaboratively with healthcare professionals to enhance patients’ safety and ensure that medicines and medical equipment are handled and managed according to best practices and in a safe and effective manner.
Responsibilities (which include, but not limited to)
- Develop clinical pharmacy programs according to policies and regulations of the Malawi Pharmacy and Medicines Regulatory Authority.
- Review records of patients to determine the appropriateness of medication therapy
- Develop effective medication plans that minimize the risk of adverse side-effects
- Advise clients on correct administration of medicines
- Advise clinicians and nurses on rational prescription of medicines.
- Monitor storage and usage of medicines and other medical supplies in all user departments.
- Assess the results of pharmaceutical treatments
- A Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours) or its equivalent from a recognised institution.
- Registered with the Malawi Pharmacy and Medicines Regulatory Authority and other related governing bodies.
- Minimum of two years post qualification experience.
- Those having knowledge in databases such as Drug Management Information System will have an added advantage.
- Flexible, confident, enthusiastic and effective even under pressure.
- Adherence to our Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy
- Willingness to work with persons with psychosocial disabilities and their families.
Interested persons meeting the above requirements should send their application letters with Curriculum Vitae including email addresses and mobile phone numbers of their referees to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Saint John of God Hospitaller Services
P. O. Box 744
Email: [email protected]
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 5th November, 2021.