1. Review and execute physician’s prescriptions checking their appropriateness and legality
2. Organize the pharmacy in an efficient manner to make the identification of products easier and faster
3. Maintain full control over delivering, stocking and labeling medicine and other products and monitor their condition to prevent expiring or deterioration
4. Listen carefully to customers to interpret their needs and issues and offer information and advice
5. Provide assistance other medical services such as checking blood pressure/ temperature measurements etc.
6. Prepare medicine when appropriate using correct dosages and material for each individual patient
Keep records of patient history and of all activities regarding heavy medication
7. Keep abreast of advancements in medicine by attending conferences and seminars and collaborating with other healthcare professionals
8. Comply with all applicable legal rules, regulations and procedures
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
1. At least 1 year Proven experience as a pharmacist in Malawi.
2. Thorough understanding of dosage administration and measurement, chemical compounds, medical brands etc.
3. Outstanding knowledge of MS Office and Pharmacy information systems (eg. MediTech, Mediware etc.)
4. Good organizing and shop management
5. Excellent communication skills with a customer oriented approach
6. Integrity and compassion
7. Degree in Pharmacy/Pharmacology
8. Valid PMRA license to practice the profession