The Partnership and Integration Officer (SHORT TERM- 3/4 MONTHS)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies, develops, maintains and nurtures effective collaborative partnerships among a wide range of government and non-governmental organizations in line with USAID’s 3C’s Approach as outlined in USAID-Malawi’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy. The “3C’s Approach” embraces three principles: co-location of interventions; coordination across sectors; and, collaborating to foster linkages among implementing partners.
- Identifies potential organizations for strategic partnerships and capacity building on SBCC and facilitates collaboration and cooperation.
- Provides leadership and support to fostering effective partnerships and integration of activities, workplans, and technical support across partners and collaborating organizations so that opportunities to leverage abilities and expertise can be identified and realized.
- Facilitates the provision of technical assistance, under the direction of the Senior Capacity Strengthening Adviser, in the development and implementation of rigorous social and behavior change communication strategies and materials (print and audio visual) for MNCH, malaria, WASH, nutrition, family planning/ reproductive health programs and other areas in all phases from formative research, through design, media and materials production, and evaluation.
- Proactively and continuously communicates and coordinates activities among partner organizations and collaborating organizations so as to improve collaboration, cooperation and understanding between and among all engaged organizations.
- Takes responsibility for the specified deliverables and goals of the project with respect to partnership and integration as well as capacity strengthening while ensuring completion of tasks and materials development in a timely manner and in full support and compliance with FHI360 and USAID branding and marking rules, guidelines and regulations.
- Takes responsibility, under the direction of the Deputy Chief of Party and Senior Capacity Strengthening Advisor, for the specified SBCC requests of Government of Malawi, USAID, USAID Implementing Partners and other Partners while and ensuring completion of tasks in a timely manner.
- As directed to by the supervisor, completes detailed integration strategy write-ups, work plans, and creative briefs and delivers quarterly reports including reviewing reports and deliverables from partners and all other reporting requirements.
- Oversees the work of consultants and subcontractors, as required.
- Liaises and communicates effectively with partner organizations involved in country program activities.
- In collaboration with M&E team, monitor progress and impact of integration activities, document and disseminate lessons learnt.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS STANDARDS:
- A relevant undergraduate/Bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, public health, social sciences or a related field and 6 years of experience or a post graduate degree in a relevant field and 4 years of experience.
- Strong technical expertise in gender integration, youth empowerment and social and behavior change communication in the health sector.
- Evidence of good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Evidence of good presentation/facilitation skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills and successful teamwork.
- Experience developing and maintaining productive working relations with stakeholders including the Ministry of Health and/or Ministry of Gender, Children, Disability and Social Welfare.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required. Strong capacity in oral and written in Chichewa is highly desirable.
- Willingness to travel to districts monthly if necessary.
- Should be self-starter, creative, technologically savvy, passionate hardworking and self- motivated university graduate
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
To apply for this job please visit fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com .