Save the Children is inviting applications from suitably qualified personnel to fill the position of Partnership & Community Engagement Coordinator (1 position) for Sponsorship Program to be based in Zomba. The Partnership and Community Engagement Coordinator will coordinate partnerships with implementing partners under Sponsorship program in Zomba. He/she will also play a leading role in coordinating program close out activities.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, or any related discipline. Certificate or any additional qualification in program management is an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years related experience working in coordinating development programmes
- Experience working with partners.
- Demonstrated experience in program planning and coordination, including managing workplans and budgets.
- Demonstrated experience managing others.
- Good personal organizational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Experience of working with local partners and community level in sponsorship, education, or child protection program delivery
- Thorough understanding of Child Participation, Child Rights Programming, Partnership, Child Safeguarding, Monitoring and Evaluation, Programme Integration etc.
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Computer literacy and excellent communication, documentation skills are a must.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5 th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 17 Nov 2021
Closing date: 30 Nov 2021 – 23:59 CAT
Location: Zomba, Malawi
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contract
To apply for this job please visit malawi.savethechildren.net .