CCAP Nkhoma Synod Health Department invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced applicants for the positions of Optometry Technician tenable at Nkhoma Mission Hospital under Eye Department. This is a three-year (36 months) Employment Contract subject to renewal based on overall efficiency, conduct and diligence with which the employee is discharging his/her duties as well as the overall performance and availability of funds.
OPTOMETRY TECHNICIAN – GRADE K
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting refraction (manual and automated).
- Acquainting patients with procedures and explain purpose of testing.
- Providing prescription for glasses.
- Instructing patients on contact lens insertion and removal and lens care.
- Performing routine tests such as auto refractions, eye pressure checks, visual field and other automated scans.
- Coordinating patient scheduling and monitoring patients’ flow.
- Keeping the optical room clean and report faulty equipment.
- Conducting stock taking monthly of the optical stores and do the orders accordingly.
- Being able to do lens fitting.
- Supervising the junior staff in the optical section.
- Collecting and organizing patients’ statistics for Eye Department on monthly basis.
- Any other duties that may be deemed reasonable for the post.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- The incumbent should be a holder of a Diploma in Optometry obtained from a recognized training institution with at least 2 years working experience.
- Must be registered with Medical Council of Malawi
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience and understanding of Eye Health and particular Eye Health Services in Malawi.
- Sound understanding of disability and age-related issues.
Competencies/ Skills/Personal qualities
- Driven and dedicated individual, determined to apply their ability to support the work of preventing avoidable blindness, with a passion to promote human rights and inclusion.
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills that build consensus and partnership working
- Competent leader and team builder.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to take the initiative and work with minimum supervision.
- Effective use of IT including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
Note: All applicants should be conversant with the teachings and traditions of CCAP Nkhoma Synod.
Applications must be submitted together with copies of certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae which should include names and detailed contacts of at least three traceable referees and applicant’s current working phone numbers. These should be sent to the following address by close of business on 30th October, 2021.
The Human Resource Management Officer,
Nkhoma Mission Hospital,
P. O. Box 48,