This role was posted on December 10, 2021. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis and prioritize those received within the first two weeks of posting.
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we are all stewards of our reputation and our resources. Do you have experience working alongside colleagues to promote operational and financial coordination and carry out best practices? If so, you may be our next Operations & Finance Assistant.
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Operations and Finance Assistant will work to provide operations and finance support which includes maintaining documentation and filing in preparation for the Audit. They will also be responsible for providing accountability documents (e.g hired vehicle log sheets, attendance sheets, allowance signing sheets) to be used for program implementation.
The Assistant will work closely with Operations Manager and Finance Manager in order to understand the needs for documentation and ensure that staff are compliant to our internal documentation processes.
- Commitment – 6 months at 40 hours per week with an immediate start preferred
- Remuneration – Maximum gross estimated fees monthly of $1,666.67 USD – resulting in a total of $10,000 USD upon completion
- Benefits – As this role is a temporary position, standard employee benefits will not be provided. Last Mile Health will supply the successful candidate with the tools required to complete the role’s primary responsibilities.
What You’ll Do
- Consolidate purchase orders with their relevant Purchase Requisition Forms (PRFs)
- Consolidate relevant good received notes and delivery notes
- Consolidate all updated employee timesheets, payment vouchers, and receipts
- Receive all materials delivered to Last Mile Health and document accordingly
- Make note of and record any missing records/documentation for followup
- Complete filing for employee personal files including timesheets
- Filing of Purchase orders with PRFs, payment requests, vouchers and receipts, and inventory records and tagging of Malawi program equipment etc
- Assist in tracking of cash advances and liquidations
- Supply program staff with relevant operations and finance forms for documentation and accountability
- Undertake other duties as assigned by LMH from time to time
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Finance, enrollment in the Final year of Bachelor’s degree or, an advanced Diploma from a recognized institution of higher learning
- Experience in one of the following fields: operations (logistics, procurement, HR or office management), account management, finance
- Demonstrable experience in record management
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, work well with colleagues, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
You’ll Impress Us If
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) is an advantage
- You have INGO experience in similar role is an advantage
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.