The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is a nonprofit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore established by UMB to carry out UMB’s programs to strengthen health systems and improve the human condition in the areas where UMB operates through MGIC. MGIC has UMB-approved affiliates, field offices, and program offices (collectively known as “country offices”) throughout sub-Saharan Africa. MGIC activities are funded generally by U.S. government entities through cooperative agreements with UMB. The University of Maryland Baltimore (UMB) has received PEPFAR funding from the US government /CDC for Accelerating Malawi’s PEPFAR Laboratory Logistics and Infrastructure for Quality (AMPLIFY). This cooperative agreement aims to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control. AMPLIFY will strengthen the laboratory efficiency, capacity, and quality through improving laboratory infrastructure, improving laboratory data utilization for decision making, training human resources, and adhering to quality management systems.
The Office Assistant will be responsible for delivery and distribution of documents, parcels and then transporting these to specified people or locations. They would ensure that all relevant documentation is fully completed after each delivery and signed for.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Clarify organization’s scheduled and anticipated deliveries before each shift begins.
- Fetch, check, and sign for parcels at their respective collection points.
- Take special care to load the parcels into your bag or vehicle in a safe manner.
- Devise and choosing the most effective routes.
- Transport items to drop-off points.
- Answer recipients’ questions about the delivery process.
- Ensure that both that they, and the recipient sign all relevant documentation upon delivery.
- Check to see that they have completed all work allocated for the day.
- Advise their line manager of deliveries that could not be fulfilled.
- Remain friendly and helpful as they conduct your duties.
- Minimum of Malawi School Certificate of Education and a certificate in Administration or secretarial training is preferred.
- Previous 2 years’ experience in a similar position in a competitive environment.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office packages (Ms Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Familiarity with the layout of the general delivery area.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within given time frames.
- Good planning and decision-making abilities.
- Physically agile with the capacity to remain active for extended periods.
- Availability to work evenings, weekends, and public holidays.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com .