CCAP Nkhoma Synod Health Department invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced applicants for the positions of Nurse Midwife Technician tenable at Nkhoma Mission Hospital under Eye Department. This is a three-year (36 months) Employment Contract subject to renewal based on overall efficiency, conduct and diligence with which the employee is discharging his/her duties as well as the overall performance and availability of funds.
NURSE MIDWIFE TECHNICIAN – GRADE K
I) Patient Care
- Receiving reports concerning patients in the ward.
- Doing bed making and damp dusting to ensure a clean environment for the patients.
- Taking vital signs and record them appropriately.
- Administering medication and treatment to patients and clients as per prescription.
- Doing dressings observing the aseptic technique and infection prevention practices.
- Organizing and participating in providing ante-natal care.
- Collecting, analysing and dissemination of data.
- Doing nursing round to familiarize himself or herself with patients under his/her care.
- Documenting all care provided to patients.
- Referring complicated issues to the line manager or Clinician.
- Assuming responsibilities of Ward In charge in the absence of the Ward in charge.
- Participating in the development, revision, and implementation of the ward policies.
- Preparing the off-duty roster in the absence of the ward in charge.
- Allocating duties to members of the team in the absence of Ward In charge.
- Checking the presence of staff on duty by doing a roll call and taking note of those absent and the cause of their absence and report accordingly to the Nursing officer.
- Ensuring that patients files and record books are properly maintained.
- Participating in the controlling of Hospital property by doing stock counting and reporting any loss, malfunctioning or lack of supplies.
- Supervising performance of each member of the team in the ward.
- Ordering of supplies from general stores and Pharmacy.
- Participating and attending in the providing in service education for the ward personnel.
- Conducting health education session to patients/clients.
- Participating in the clinical teaching of students in the ward.
- Communicating well with the patients, clients and other stakeholders to demonstrate respect and contribute to a good nurse patient relationship.
- Being punctual on duty and ensure that other members are punctual as well.
- Adhering to the code of Nursing ethics for Malawi in his/her practice.
- Ensuring that he/she dresses professionally as prescribed by the Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi.
- Ensuring renewal of the registration yearly.
V) Spiritual Care
- Participating and ensuring that each other day starts with morning devotions.
- Working in liaison with the Hospital Chaplain to meet the spiritual needs of patients and clients.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Nursing & Midwifery obtained from a recognized institution
- Must be registered with Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the same field or related.
Note: All applicants should be conversant with the teachings and traditions of CCAP Nkhoma Synod.
Applications must be submitted together with copies of certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae which should include names and detailed contacts of at least three traceable referees and applicant’s current working phone numbers. These should be sent to the following address by close of business on 30th October, 2021.
The Human Resource Management Officer,
Nkhoma Mission Hospital,
P. O. Box 48,