Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is the prime recipient of the USAID/Malawi Learn to Perform (L2P) Activity. L2P is a five-year task order to improve the Mission’s performance management, enhance program efficiency, and advance Mission learning. Under L2P, USAID/Malawi has contractedBanyan Global to conduct an Ex-Post Evaluation of the New Alliance Policy Acceleration Support (NAPAS) Activityunder the Sustainable Economic Growth (SEG) project. The purpose of this ex-post evaluation is to examine and gather evidence on the impact and sustainability of the NAPAS initiated and supported policy interventions in Malawi. The ex-post evaluation will also bring lessons and recommendations for current and future policy related activities supported by the mission, other development partners and Government of Malawi.
The evaluation team will include three experienced evaluators: a Team Leader, an Agriculture Expert, and a Natural Resource Management/Forestry Expert. Collectively the team will be seasoned practitioners with deep knowledge of agricultural, nutrition, and natural resources related policies in developing countries and will have expertise in the following areas: project evaluations and assessments, ideally public sector reforms, policy reviews and formulation, organizational change management, and governance.
The evaluation team leader will:
- Provide overall leadership for the team.
- Coordinate evaluation activities.
- Arrange periodic meetings.
- Consolidate individual input from team members.
- Coordinate the process of assembling the final findings and recommendations into a high-quality report.
- Lead the preparation and presentation of the inception report, evaluation design, key evaluation findings and recommendations to the USAID/Malawi team and other stakeholders.
- A postgraduate degree in International Development Policy or a related field.
- At least 10 years of experience evaluating policy and strategic development, organizational change management, governance, and public sector reforms.
- Experience in Malawi or Eastern/Southern Africa preferred.
- Experience in leading at least five large evaluations in teams of not less than five members and covering at least a region or province or five districts.
- Familiarity with qualitative evaluation tools.
- Broad experience in using quantitative analysis tools.
- Familiarity with USAID regulations and systems including performance monitoring, gender policies and guidance, project management, budgeting and financial analysis, and reporting.
- Experience in international donor development program management and overseeing multiple program areas simultaneously.
- Experience in preparing documents that are objective, evidence-based, and well organized.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English are required.
To apply for this job please visit careers-banyanglobal.icims.com .