ActionAid Malawi is a locally registered non-governmental organization under the Company’s Act limited by Guarantee and is an affiliate of ActionAid International, a federation of national organizations working in over 45 countries in Africa, Asia, Americas, and Europe regions. ActionAid has been working in Malawi since 1991 and works in partnership with communities, community-based organizations, civil society, social movements, and governments across the world to fight and eradicate poverty, injustice, and exclusion. We work with and support the poor and excluded people in the struggle to demand and claim their rights. Action Aid’s work is focused on women’s rights, right to education, food security, just and democratic governance, human security and HIV& AIDS. ActionAid Malawi is a Sub Recipient for Covid-19 Response Mechanism Community Engagement grant under the Global Fund through Ministry of Health.
ActionAid is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position to support the grant.
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Reports To: Program Manager
No. of Positions: 1
Duration: October 2021 to December, 2023
To ensure the effective implementation of the Covid -19 response mechanism programme, and the submission of timely and quality reports. Under the supervision of the Program Manager Covid-19/ TB/HIV, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will work with the Sub- Sub Recipients and the Ministry of Health to ensure timely and quality data collection and management on Covid-19 / TB and HIV grants
- Ensures effective management of the monitoring and evaluation process, focusing on achieving the following results:
- Prepare the performance frameworks and M&E Plans
- Provide technical support to the (SR) and Sub-Sub-Recipients (SSR) to strengthen their monitoring and evaluation systems. Participate and contribute to the development of Monitoring and Evaluation Framework for the two TB and HIV programmes
- Develop and update as necessary the Monitoring and Evaluation plans for grants, consistent with the national M&E framework, in consultation with the SSRs.
- Strengthen, harmonize, and standardize the existing data collection, analysis and reporting system, in line with the national HMIS Plan and programme indicators
- Assist in the development of systems and data collection tools to capture data on COVID 19/HIV/AIDS and TB indicators in the performance framework
- Develop and deliver trainings/capacity development in M&E and HMIS for other implementing partners personnel. This will include the development of training manuals, materials, and facilitation of the training workshops
- Ensuring facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the area of monitoring and evaluation, focusing on achieving the following results:
- Document best practices from evaluations and studies to be integrated into project reports
- Support the design and delivery of M&E training and/or capacity building to personnel of MoH, other SSRs, and implementation partners involved in the implementation of GF grants
- Participate in external supervision and evaluation missions of the GF and other agencies by facilitating access to M&E data as required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health/Health Sciences/Social Sciences
- At least 3 year’s M&E related experience in the field of TB and or HIV and AIDS
- Epidemiological literacy and skills in strategic information systems
- A strong background in HIV/AIDS and TB programmes, having worked with projects where systematic input, output and process data were collected and used to guide programming
- Experience in developing and facilitating training in M&E and HMIS
- A good understanding of routine health information systems, and literacy in management information systems
- ActionAid/ Global Fund work experience will be an added advantage
Suitably qualified Malawian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. To apply for the position, submit your curriculum vitae with a motivation letter to [email protected] by 5pm on Monday, 22 nd October 2021.
All applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits and qualified women are especially encouraged to apply . Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
For more details about the job description visit our ActionAid International Malawi Website link:: https://malawi.actionaid.org/jobs/2021/covid-19-response-job-vacancies