Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO) is a locally registered non-governmental organization (NGO) established in 1995 to complement Government’s efforts in in the fight against HIV and AIDS and other health related issues. MACRO’s Vision is ‘A Malawian populace that enjoys good quality of life be it physical, mental and social wellbeing’ and its Mission is ‘to provide high quality HIV and AIDS and other health related services to the Malawian population.
With funding from CDC through Lighthouse Trust (LHT), MACRO is implementing the Achieving HIV Epidemic Control Through Quality HIV Testing Services: The Pivot Project and will be extending its services to the Central and Northern districts of Ntchisi, Lilongwe, Mzimba, Rumphi, Nkhatabay and Likoma. In order to efficiently and effectively execute its mandate, MACRO is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions tenable in health facilities of the districts listed above.
MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER – Mzuzu (1 Position)
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will oversee M & E activities including supervision of data management and capacity building of staff to ensure quality and relevance program implementation
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support all project M&E activities including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, and contributing to staff capacity building initiatives as necessary.
- Create a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Support the Program Manager in defining and implementing the key project performance indicators as well as monitoring them throughout the duration of the projects.
- Draft M&E tools and data collection procedures under the supervision of the M&E Manager (e.g. logical framework, project performance tracking, indicators, data flow chart, and data collection forms
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions along with the M&E Manager.
- Ensure that data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist community partners to ensure regular, complete, accurate, timely and quality monitoring reports from health facilities on all required indicators
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Monitoring and Evaluation or any related field preferred with at least 3 years’ hands-on experience in monitoring and evaluation work in NGO setup
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge with computer packages-SPSS, Excel, STRATA
- Skills in creating data base (Access/Excel)
- Analytical and report writing skills
- Problem solving skills
- Trouble shooting skills
- Data management and back up
- Familiar with PEPFAR reporting systems
All interested applicants for the above position are requested to submit their application, CV, educational qualifications, names and contact telephone numbers of at least three traceable referees to The Executive Director, Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization through email to [email protected]
Closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday, 18 th August, 2021. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.