Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. Jhpiego develops innovations to enhance the capacity of health care workers, strengthening health systems and improve delivery of care towards improving the health and well-being. Jhpiego has been collaborating with the Government of Malawi and various partners in implementing a wide-range of interventions in maternal, newborn and child health, family planning, HIV/AIDS prevention and care and treatment, since 1999. Current projects include DREAMS, community-based HIV testing and prevention services for key populations, and HIV prevention through Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision
Jhpiego intends to recruit suitable and a qualified staff for the vacant positions below:
Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant (3)
Duty station: Lilongwe / Chiradzulu/ Blantyre
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Assistant (M&E Assistant) will be responsible for the data collection, entry, and validation, and reporting of all project data. In addition, the M&E Assistants will keep track of all project data entered into the database for subsequent analysis. The M&E Assistants will also assist the MER Officer in data quality assurance including routine data validation and verification at sites to optimize data quality. S/he will also provide data management support to M&E Officer including all databases integrity and security
Required Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of national diploma or advanced professional certificate(s) in computing with at least two (2) years of relevant data management experience, preferably with an international organization
- Understanding of global health and development approaches
- Excellent computer skills with good knowledge of MS Access; Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power point, and web-based applications; familiarity with Stata/SPSS is a plus
- Familiarity with online applications and their deployment.
- Knowledge of Malawi national, zonal and district health management information system.
- Ability to identifying errors and inaccuracies in data reporting
- Excellent organizational skills and willingness to work as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written English and Chichewa, with the ability to communicate courteously and effectively in both languages
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; handle multiple tasks, sometimes with short deadlines.
- Experience working in cooperation with colleagues with a wide range of interests and needs
- Strong decision making skills and results oriented approach
How to apply:
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), and names and contact details of direct supervisors: [email protected] not later than 17 th August ,2021. “ Position title must be indicated as the subject”
Jhpiego appreciates all candidates , Malawian candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only applicants who meet the required qualifications will be considered
Jhpiego is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to tough international child safeguarding standards.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.Jhpiego.org