|Type of role||Communications and fundraising|
|Contract type||Fixed Term|
|Contract length||12 months|
|Part Time||28 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date||17 Nov 2021|
|Interview date||November 24-30, 2021|
|Start date||January 3, 2022|
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
Drive European and international media coverage for VSO’s work, with a particular focus on raising the organization’s profile amongst key donors.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• At least five (5) years’ experience in senior communications or news or features journalist roles
• Proven experience successfully pitching news stories and features to top tier UK, North American or Asian media
• Proven experience working with internal and external stakeholders
• Proven experience managing a complex workload to tight deadlines
• Experience creating and delivering on campaigns to raise public awareness and galvanise funding on UK and global development issues.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
To apply for this job please visit www.vsointernational.org .