About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The Procurement Supervisor will be part of the Procurement team and will support standardized processes and implement sustained quality improvements while achieving 5% of purchasing cost out of the system. You will:
- Achieve procurement cost savings in a portfolio of over 5% savings
- Achieve procurement request delivery. On-time in full (OTIF)” to over 90%
- Achieve great customer service of over 99% customer satisfaction
- Achieve right quality delivery (first time right) from suppliers
- Price negotiation with upstream suppliers to achieve both cost savings and value to the company
- Exemplary process compliance
- Reporting to the department lead
Manage daily Execution
Conduct market research related to operational goods/service
Work on request for quotations, supplier selection, and purchases
- Deliver items 100% on time, at the right specifications and at prices that are consistently below market rates
- Coordinate with QC team to evaluate quality assurance
- Work closely with our teams to reduce overall spend
- Maintain procurement process transparency
- Follow up with Finance to ensure suppliers are paid
- Follow up with requesters to ensure that orders are processed on time following Service level agreement
- Provide support for delivery to requestors
- Ensure that procurement controls are enforced and all required documents are updated to allow each purchase.
- Support to identify high-quality, high-level suppliers and how to negotiate for best pricing and terms
- Work with multi-national staff and suppliers
- Provide support to cost savings calculations and strategies
- Set up procurement mechanisms and systems by incorporating procurement best practices and identifying strong, long-term supplier relationships
- Map out current procurement practices to implement cost- and time-saving improvements
- Standardized practices to improve effectiveness, and customer service
- Management Responsibilities
- Represent the procurement team in meetings as assigned by your manager
- Represent OAF with external partners and suppliers
- Contribute to vendor performance assessment
- Management Responsibilities
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Professional education in supply chain or procurement (e.g. CIPS,) added advantage
- Experience in procurement for a min of 1 year
Present complex data/research in a digestible way
- Experience in a demanding role and able identify a critical path
- Good numerical skills
- Inventory management skills
- Fluent in English and Chichewa
Preferred Start Date
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Malawi.
21 July 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.