The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is a nonprofit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore established by UMB to carry out UMB’s programs to strengthen health systems and improve the human condition in the areas where UMB operates through MGIC. MGIC has UMB-approved affiliates, field offices, and program offices (collectively known as “country offices”) throughout sub-Saharan Africa. MGIC activities are funded generally by U.S. government entities through cooperative agreements with UMB. The University of Maryland Baltimore (UMB) has received PEPFAR funding from the US government /CDC for Accelerating Malawi’s PEPFAR Laboratory Logistics and Infrastructure for Quality (AMPLIFY). This cooperative agreement aims to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control. AMPLIFY will strengthen the laboratory efficiency, capacity, and quality through improving laboratory infrastructure, improving laboratory data utilization for decision making, training human resources, and adhering to quality management systems.
Laboratory Technologist/Technician will report to the Lab Manager through the Lab EID/VL Technical lead and assist in HIV EID/VL testing in molecular labs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide critical support to the molecular laboratories in performing HIV-related laboratory tests like HIV VL and EID testing.
- Developing standard operating procedures adapted to the local service delivery context.
- Maintain a safe working environment in the workplace, by following safety practices and independently follow associated laboratory protocols to ensure quality of results.
- Ensure laboratory test results are correctly captured in the study database and assist with routine data analysis.
- Participate in EQA for competence and implementation of quality management systems (QMS).
- Work on any other duties as assigned.
- Diploma or Degree in Biomedical Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 2 years of related experience working in molecular laboratory.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Basic training in HIV VL and EID testing.
- Having knowledge and experience in implementing QMS.
- Registered with medical council of Malawi.
- Some experience in implementing SLMTA/SLIPTA programs.
- Able to work with other team members, flexibility, decisiveness and personal integrity.
- Strong organizational, time management, computer and communication skills, leadership, coaching and team building skills to strengthen and cultivate relationship to help achieve organizational goal.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com .