- Lilongwe, Malawi
- Employees can work remotely
- Job Scope: Local
- Working Language: English
- Technical/Practice Area: Health Informatics
- Type of Engagement: Fixed Term
The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is a nonprofit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore established by UMB to carry out UMB’s programs to strengthen health systems and improve the human condition in the areas where UMB operates through MGIC. MGIC has UMB-approved affiliates, field offices, and program offices (collectively known as “country offices”) throughout sub-Saharan Africa. MGIC activities are funded generally by U.S. government entities through cooperative agreements with UMB. The University of Maryland Baltimore (UMB) has received PEPFAR funding from the US government /CDC for Accelerating Malawi’s PEPFAR Laboratory Logistics and Infrastructure for Quality (AMPLIFY). This cooperative agreement aims to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control. AMPLIFY will strengthen the laboratory efficiency, capacity, and quality through improving laboratory infrastructure, improving laboratory data utilization for decision making, training human resources, and adhering to quality management systems.
The ICT Officer designs ICT operations, service delivery, architecture and information security; playing a key role within the MGIC System to support delivery of the ICT strategy services including; Efficiency and Operational Excellence; Risk Management & Information Security; Data Management & Analytics Collaboration & Knowledge Management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist management of the overall technology infrastructure for the MGIC including planning, implementation, and management of the software applications and hardware infrastructure that support operations, liaising as relevant with technology service providers.
- Propose design improvements to the Organization’s ICT architecture and work with the Health Informatics Lead to integrate requirements into the ICT strategic framework.
- Support and contribute to IT-related tasks or projects through the implementation of appropriate technologies and solutions.
- Support the MGIC ICT Community of Practice to leverage collaborative IT services and infrastructure across the System.
- Act as the principal administrator and ensure the maintenance of the Organization’s systems, including: general computer support; software installations; license management; server set up and management; database administration; network, printers, audio/video conferencing and mobile phone support; deployment of equipment; management of inventories; disaster recovery; and periodic security vulnerability assessments.
- Manage support services for the Organization’s IT systems, platforms, and products.
- Provide user training on common business applications and use of systems.
- Develop and update IT processes and procedures, and ensure they are properly documented.
- Support the procurement process for IT equipment and services.
- Undertake such other duties as may be requested by the Health Informatics Lead to support delivery of the ICT strategy and the Organization’s business plan.
- At least a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent obtained from a reputable institution.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a technical IT role, preferably in an international environment.
- Excellent technical knowledge of and experience with a variety of technologies, including Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft and Linux server technologies, Microsoft Office 365 and Exchange, cloud-based storage systems, Windows OS, MS Office suites, Citrix and PowerShell
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information clearly to users and grasp perceived difficulties.
- Excellent diagnostic skills and ability to exercise good judgment in the resolution of problems.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn on the fly and stay up to date with the latest technology.
- Reliability, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Customer-centric mindset with a high degree of both pro-activity and responsiveness.
- Excellent knowledge of software development in PHP, C#, Java and relational database management systems
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an Equal Opportunities Employer
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com .