Save the Children is inviting applications from suitably qualified personnel to fill the position of Innovations Manager (1 position) for Abwenzi a Ana (AAA) Program to be based in Ntcheu. This is a key position that will deliver effective and efficient strategic innovations in AAA over a period of 10-13 years. The post holder leads and manages the execution of innovations as well as the operational needs of innovations in AAA.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in social sciences, statistics, technical education, management information systems, information technology or computing sciences.
- At least 5 years experience at senior officer level; or 3 years at senior officer level and 2 years at manager level
- Knowledge and experience in structured query language; relational, object-oriented and/ or XML database management systems; Microsoft Excel and SharePoint/web development
- Experience with database-driven web applications including T4D approaches
- Knowledge and experience in formulation, administration and evaluation of projects
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- Excellent writing, organizational, project management, and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced facilitator and workshop lead.
- Experience in building and testing value cases for new products, services or propositions
- Experience working with multiple partners (external and internal) and or colleagues at different levels within an organization
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5 th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 16 Nov 2021
Closing date: 30 Nov 2021 – 23:59 CAT
Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
Department: Business Transformation
Type: Fixed-term contract
To apply for this job please visit malawi.savethechildren.net .