Save the Children is inviting applications from suitably qualified personnel to fill the position of Information Technology Officer (1 position) to be based in Zomba. IT officer will be responsible for the ICT systems of the Zomba area office including research, designing and developing application systems, and providing technical support and training to the users; updates and computerizes the major activities of the organization; deploys and administers communication and application technology, through better and available infrastructure for information processing of the organization.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Minimum of a University Degree in Information Technology from a reputable institution.
- Skills and experience in application development will be added advantage.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in ICT Support and Management.
- Familiar with all the day-to-day aspects of managing the IT needs of an organisation, with specific areas of the role involving; familiarity with Windows and MS Office Products, LAN/WAN infrastructures (routers, modems, switches, etc.); trouble shooting and administering of networks (LAN) and servers; good working knowledge of Windows server and domain system configuration, antivirus software management etc.
- Good communication skills and a strong positive attitude towards learning
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Previous experience in an INGO is an advantage but not a requirement
- Ability and experience of training end users or staff
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.