Save the Children is inviting applications from suitably qualified personnel to fill the position of Information Technology Officer (1 position) to be based in Zomba. IT officer will be responsible for the ICT systems of the Zomba area office including research, designing and developing application systems, and providing technical support and training to the users; updates and computerizes the major activities of the organization; deploys and administers communication and application technology, through better and available infrastructure for information processing of the organization.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Minimum of a University Degree in Information Technology from a reputable institution.
- Skills and experience in application development will be added advantage.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in ICT Support and Management.
- Familiar with all the day-to-day aspects of managing the IT needs of an organisation, with specific areas of the role involving; familiarity with Windows and MS Office Products, LAN/WAN infrastructures (routers, modems, switches, etc.); trouble shooting and administering of networks (LAN) and servers; good working knowledge of Windows server and domain system configuration, antivirus software management etc.
- Good communication skills and a strong positive attitude towards learning
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Previous experience in an INGO is an advantage but not a requirement
- Ability and experience of training end users or staff
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5 th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 17 Nov 2021
Closing date: 30 Nov 2021 – 23:59 CAT
Location: Zomba, Malawi
Department: Information Technology
Type: Fixed-term contract
To apply for this job please visit malawi.savethechildren.net .