I-TECH Malawi has been privileged to provide technical support to the Government of Malawi Ministry of Health (MoH), since 2008, through seconded senior Technical Assistants, Programme Officers and Public Health Fellows. The International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH) was established in 2002 at the University of Washington in Seattle. I-TECH is funded by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Division of Global HIV and TB (CDC-DGHT) under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH) and the Department of Global Health recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity and encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff, faculty and students including, but not limited to socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability and age. As reflected in the I-TECH Diversity Statement , our definition of diversity is broad, recognizing that there are multiple definitions of diversity. We strive to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.
I-TECH is working in collaborative efforts with Ministry of Health, Public Health Institute of Malawi and other stakeholders to support interventions on the fight against COVID-19. Through this collaboration, teams are deployed to perform response functions to COVID-19 epidemic and are based at the Public Health Institute of Malawi under the Ministry of Health, Lilongwe. The team, led by the Public Health Emergency Operation Center (PHEOC) Manager, is responsible for coordinating the national multi-sectoral response to COVID-19. At the PHEOC, the Incident Management System (IMS) team is responsible for receiving and reporting information from both the formal and informal structures. The IMS team is composed of one IMS Triage Manager and IMS operators. The IMS shall remain functional 24/7.
I-TECH Malawi wishes to recruit highly qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position.
Incident Management Systems (IMS) Operator
The IMS Operator is responsible for researching and reporting incidents including:
- Searching for and receiving incident reports through various mediums on real-time basis
- Registering all received incidents into the IMS for further triage and action
- Answering high volumes of Public Health Emergency Operation Center (PHEOC) hotline calls and registering all calls in the IMS
- Ensuring that critical incidents are linked to the respective districts for action
- Capturing data of all COVID-19 E-vaccination certificate requests
- Performing any other PHEOC duties assigned by the manager and technical Advisor from time to time
- Entering data for all surveillance supported work
- Being involved in PHEOC office budget development as needed
- Degree in Public health or equivalent.
- Experience working in Public health emergency management and coordination
- Ability to work efficiently in emergency situations and demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and written)
- Strong knowledge and experience working with computer and MS packages (word, excel, etc)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Language: fluent in English and at least 3 local languages
- Willing to work during night shift, weekend and public holidays
- Work with minimum supervision
- Work under pressure and ability to meet set targets
- Experience with electronic data collection tools and database
- Strong attention to detail.
Applications with Curriculum Vitae (CV), three traceable referees and relevant copy certificates should be emailed to : [email protected]
Deadline for receiving applications is 8 th October 2021. I-TECH Malawi, an equal opportunity employer, appreciates all applications. However, only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
For more information about I-TECH, visit our website: http://www.go2itech.org/