Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Malawi (BCM-CFM) is a not-for-profit organization working in partnership with the Malawi government in the health sector. Our Mission is to provide high-quality, high-impact, highly ethical pediatric and family-centered health care, health professional training and clinical research, focused on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria, malnutrition and other conditions impacting the health and well-being of children and families worldwide.
The Baylor-Tingathe program was designed in 2008 to respond to suboptimal uptake of PMTCT and pediatric HIV services in Malawi. The program seeks to support Malawi in reaching the ambitious UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals, by improving the identification of HIV-positive persons, timely treatment initiation, and long-term engagement in care. The program is funded by USAID, and is currently operating in 6 districts in Malawi. Under the program, there is a study, known as PRACTICE study (Package of Resources for Assisted Contact Tracing: Implementation, Costs, and Effectiveness). This is an NIMH-funded implementation science cluster RCT on HIV voluntary assisted contact tracing (ACT). ACT is an evidence-based practice that seeks to identify persons living with HIV in need of HIV treatment and HIV-uninfected persons in need of HIV prevention. Therefore Baylor-Malawi is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Position : Implementation Officer
Reports : Study Coordinator
Contract duration: One year /Daily rate
The Implementation Officer is responsible for smooth implementation of all blended learning training activities and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) processes at the enhanced sites. They will support adoption and uptake of the blended learning package, facilitate trainings, and evaluate performance of staff promoting ACT. The implementation officers will be responsible for independently planning, coordinating, and directing the CQI study component and managing its outcomes. They will serve as the monitor of internal quality
measures using range of quality improvement tools and techniques to evaluate progress toward improved performance.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee adoption of tablet-guided blended learning package and training activities at 33 facilities
- Oversee practice and feedback sessions
- Provide feedback on ACT counseling performance
- Work with data manager to examine facility-level data at the enhanced facilities and identify gaps and challenges
- Facilitate routine CQI activities at facility level
- Assist in finalizing and refining the implementation package
- Identify sites that require more on-going centralized/in-house training to improve on performance.
- Transcribe and translate in-depth interviews and/or focus group discussions
- Code fidelity assessments
- Other tasks as assigned
We are looking for a highly-organized community-oriented individual with experience as a
trainer and coach. Desired qualifications include;
- 5+ years’ experience
- Bachelor’s degree (e.g. Bachelor of Science in Public Health, Bachelor of Social Science, etc.) or higher. Exceptional applicants without a degree who are already based in Balaka or Machinga may be considered.
- Experience with training and facilitation
- Experience with continuous quality improvement and group problem-solving
- Ability to interpret facility-level data and communicate simply to a lay audience
- Experience with assisted contact tracing or other similar activities
- Ability to work with colleagues at all levels in the organization, and develop and maintain respectful relationships with Ministry of Health staff and all relevant stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English and Chichewa
- Balaka/Machinga/Lilongwe district program implementation sites
- Frequent travel to study sites will be expected
- Multi-cultural work environment
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should address their applications, including a
detailed Curriculum Vitae and names of three traceable referees to:
Baylor College of Medicine-Children Foundation Malawi
Private Bag B397
Golden Peacock Complex- 5 th Floor
Along Presidential Way, City Centre
Closing date for receiving applications is on 31st December, 2021. Only shortlisted applicants
will be acknowledged.