Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. Jhpiego develops innovations to enhance the capacity of health care workers, strengthening health systems and improve delivery of care towards improving the health and well-being. Jhpiego has been collaborating with the Government of Malawi and various partners in implementing a wide-range of interventions in maternal, newborn and child health, family planning, HIV/AIDS prevention and care and treatment, since 1999. Current projects include DREAMS, community-based HIV testing and prevention services for key populations, and HIV prevention through Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision
Jhpiego intends to recruit suitable and a qualified staff for the vacant position below:
ICT Manager (1 post)
Duty station: Lilongwe
Reports to: Finance and Administration Director
Supervises: ICT Officers (2)
The ICT Manager will be responsible for deployment and effective functioning of IT systems and provision of IT services in Jhpiego, Malawi offices. S/he will supervise the implementation and maintenance of the Jhpiego Malawi IT needs. She/he will provide guidance on IT policy and strategy, and make recommendations for improvement of IT services as required.
Required Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Master’s degree (degree in IT related field preferred)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- 7- 8 years’ technical Proven working experience as an IT Manager or relevant experience; 5 years’ management experience.
- Design of server infrastructure and local and wide-area networks
- Ability to assess and differentiate risks to key systems and develop appropriate security policies and recovery procedures for each system
- Demonstrated experience in systems planning, project management, change management and problem resolution
- Knowledge of information and communication technologies and direction and of computer hardware/software systems.
- Experience with an organization operating in multiple locations
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines
- Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence
- Knowledge of international and USG donor agencies and private sector foundations
- Experience in IT/ICT4D Project Management
- Experience in planning, developing and implementing the ICT budget, to ensure cost effectiveness
- Ability to analyse costs and work with finance to develop cost efficient operational models
- Experience working in a busy Environments within the private sector especially with an international organization
- Experience in ICT policy/SOP writing
- Strong management skills with ability to train, mentor and supervise staff
- Exceptional presentation and customer relationship skills including strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to effectively communicate with senior management, third party vendors, technical staff, as well as non-technical end users.
- Excellent analytical skills. Able to absorb large volumes of technical data and develop concise solutions in addition to translating into non-technical terms.
- Extensive Knowledge and experience in proficiently handling projects
How to apply:
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), and names and contact details of direct supervisors: [email protected] not later than 13 th August ,2021. “ Position title must be indicated as the subject”
Jhpiego appreciates all candidates , Malawian candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only applicants who meet the required qualifications will be considered
Jhpiego is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to tough international child safeguarding standards.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.Jhpiego.org