The Human Resources and Administration Officer will assist the Family Planning Association of Malawi (FPAM) to ensure that the Association employs the right balance of staff in terms of skills and experience, and that training and development opportunities are available to staff to enhance their performance and achieve FPAM’s business aims. The Human Resources and Administration Officer is also expected to provide administrative support to FPAM by organizing the Association’s records, staff insurance, fixed assets, and maintaining inventory of office supplies.
- Support the Human Resources Department with staff recruitment and development
- Maintain staff records
- Manage staff insurance
- Ensure that FPAM’s fixed assets are well maintained, safeguarded and insured
- Ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to by all staff
- Work hand in hand with the finance department in all payroll related issues
Skills and Experience
Items indicated with an asterisk (*) are required
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, human resources management, business, public administration, or a related field*
- At least one year of professional experience in human resources and administration in the NGO sector*
- Experience developing human resource policies and procedures*
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills along with strong organizational ability; must be able to obtain, analyze, and evaluate a variety of information and organize, interpret, and present it in meaningful oral or written form for varied audiences*
- Experience managing grievances and disciplinary procedures
- Experience in fixed assets management, transport logistics and handling of inventory
- Basic knowledge of labour legislation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as evidenced by conducting trainings, presentations, drafting documents for external use, etc.
- Experience in office administrative functions and procedures
- Experience with a statistical package such as STATA, SPSS, SAS, or R
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work proactively on a small team
- Demonstrated competence in multi-tasking, working in a fast-paced environment, thinking strategically, and delivering measurable results
About the Organization
FPAM is a legally registered local NGO established in 1999 and affiliated with the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). FPAM’s vision is to have a Malawian society with access to quality and comprehensive Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) services. Our mission is to provide quality, accessible, affordable, and comprehensive sexual reproductive health and rights information and services for young people (ages 10-24), men, women, children, and high risk key populations such as people living with HIV and female sex workers.
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.
To apply for this job please visit ghcorps.org .