Christian Aid exists to create a world where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty. We are a global movement of people, churches and local organisations who passionately champion dignity, equality and justice worldwide. We are the changemakers, the peacemakers, the mighty of heart.
About the role
The Human Resources and Administration Manager is responsible for ensuring that Christian Aid HR and administration management strategy and functions are carried out effectively within the CA Country Office, in order to achieve the organization’s business objectives. Responsible to ensure that the HR and administration policies and practices are understood and applied effectively, fairly and cost efficiently throughout the office. To be responsible for developing, maintaining and implementing essential HR Management, Employee Information management and HR administratitive and operational systems within the country and to enable the team function smoothly and effectively. Proactively taking responsibility for making things work, for example managing the internal and external relationships that are relevant to people management and the performance of the relevant external suppliers and service providers. The post is responsible for the provision of Tier 1 HR management in-country and is a member of the country leadership team
Candidates applying for this role must have the following skills and expertise
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Human resource, Administration or equivalent qualification and membership of a professional body.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in HR management, administration, change management, and/or organizational development.
- Well-developed inter-personal and communication skills, including an ability to interface directly with vendors, suppliers and service providers and considerable ability and experience in writing reports and business correspondence.
- Thorough knowledge of contract management and recruitment processes
- Understanding of Human Resource processes and knowledge of appropriate policies and employment legislation, procedures for recruiting, developing, and evaluating performance of employees to retain a diverse workforce and contracting of consultants.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in administering HR & business processes and operation systems including health and safety protocols
This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Christian Aid is committed to providing a safe and trusted environment for every person connected to the work we do; and to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour including sexual harassment and exploitation, abuse, and financial misconduct. Any candidate offered a job with Christian Aid is expected to share and demonstrate our values and adhere to Christian Aid’s Safeguarding policy and sign Christian Aid’s Code of Conduct.
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
- Give us an example of a time when you had to influence other people and persuade them to work in a collaborative way when there were different personal or organisational agendas?
- Give us an example of when you demonstrated an understanding of how personal and external factors affect other people’s communication needs and styles and how you managed those differences to ensure that everyone was heard?
- Give us an example of how your skills in managing the available resources and people’s time led to the delivery of quality outcomes on time?