PSI Malawi is affiliated to Population Service International, a Washington DC based non-governmental and nonprofit making organization. PSI Malawi mission is to support low income and at-risk Malawians to lead healthier lives through the provision and promotion of quality products and services, in line with the Government of Malawi goals. To accomplish its mission, PSI Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of HIV Treatment Literacy District Coordinator.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the HIV Treatment Literacy District Coordinator will be coordinating all aspects of Flip the Script Project at the district Level. Specifically, the incumbent will be required to perform the following duties responsibilities;
- Develops and implements the district campaign implementation work plan
- Compile and submit the monthly activity reports for the district
- Represent the project in district level stakeholder meetings
- Gathers local feedback on campaign and informs national manager on suggestions to support campaign adjustment and improvement.
- Coordinate recruitments of PHLIV and Religious Leader champions to work as community mobilisers for the district
- Responsible for day-to-day supervision of district footprint to ensure activity implementation, adherence to strategy and organizational values.
- Responsible for all district level administrative duties including processing of allowances for all district level activities.
- Together with FTS Program Manager, develop training plan and content for training PLHIV champions and Religious Leaders
- Plan and coordinate trainings in collaboration with relevant MOH departments and partner organizations.
- planning, conducting, and reporting activities to land the FTS campaign at community levels
- Planning and conducting community dialogues and roadshows
- Conducting religious and traditional leader sensitizations
- Preparing for and supporting outside broadcasts by national and community stations
- Conducting household sensitization and leaflet distribution
- Conducting school’s sensitization sessions using group session tools (Bead bottles, PVC flipchart)
- Conducting religious group sensitization sessions
- Distribution of IEC and promo across district facilities and key locations
- Working with district ART coordinator in training healthcare workers on FTS key messages and job aides
- Distributing BTL activity job aides to PLHIV, Influencers and HCWS
- Identifying and mapping district partners and collaborating on activity implementation
- Taking ownership of local radio program schedule, supporting local experts in panel discussions, and attaining HQ approval for program guides.
- Documentation of project success stories/lessons learnt
- Assisting with data collection from targeted health facilities and support in data quality checks and Verification
- Any other relevant duties assigned from time to time.
Qualification, Knowledge, Ability and Skills
- Applicants must have a degree in the fields of Social Science, Community Development, marketing, communications, or journalism from a reputable institution with 5 years’ experience.
- A self-starter who is highly accountable and able to work with minimal supervision
- Those with experience working in HIV treatment will have an added advantage
- Must be familiar with the MoH and National HIV Program strategies, priorities, and approaches.
Mode of Application
Qualified candidates with the specified qualifications and experience should submit their application letters together with detailed curriculum vitae with names and contact details of at least three traceable referees by 28 th October, 2021 , to The Head of Human Resources, PSI Malawi, Box 30132, Lilongwe through: [email protected] . Indicate “ HIV Treatment Literacy District Coordinator ” as the subject line.
PSI Malawi is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or related medical conditions. PSI maintains zero tolerance for child abuse, sexual abuse, or exploitative acts or threats by our employees, consultants, volunteers, contractors or anyone associated with the delivery of our programs and services, and takes seriously all complaints of misconduct brought to our attention.