Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. Jhpiego develops innovations to enhance the capacity of health care workers, strengthening health systems and improve delivery of care towards improving the health and well-being. Jhpiego has been collaborating with the Government of Malawi and various partners in implementing a wide-range of interventions in maternal, newborn and child health, family planning, HIV/AIDS prevention and care and treatment, since 1999. Current projects include DREAMS, community-based HIV testing and prevention services for key populations, and HIV prevention through Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision
Jhpiego intends to recruit suitable and a qualified staff for the vacant positions below:
HIV Testing Services Officer (2)
Duty station: Lilongwe / Blantyre
Reports to: Quality Assurance Advisor
Supervises: HDA Supervisors
The HTS Officer reports to the Quality Assurance Advisor and is responsible for coordinating HTS activities in the district. The HTS Officer will coordinate Community Based HIV testing services including community distribution of HIVST kits, conventional testing and linkage to care of clients who test HIV positive. Coordinate quarterly meetings involving HTS providers and stakeholders at district level. He/ She will ensure that HTS is delivered to the target populations through appropriate models and strategies.
Required Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in a health related discipline, those with a Diploma in a relevant field with extensive years of experience will be considered.
- Must have successfully completed both the National HIV Testing and Counselling and the National HIV Self-Test Distribution courses as evidenced by possessing both certificates.
- At least 5 years of experience in health sector programs, with focus on community-based HIV service delivery,
- Sound understanding of Malawi’s health sector policies and program frameworks, especially in the field of HIV and AIDS
- Demonstrated ability to work with NGOs/CBOs
- Experience of supporting community-based provision of health services
- Valid motorbike license
How to apply:
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), and names and contact details of direct supervisors: [email protected] not later than 17 th August ,2021. “ Position title must be indicated as the subject”
Jhpiego appreciates all candidates , Malawian candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only applicants who meet the required qualifications will be considered
Jhpiego is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to tough international child safeguarding standards.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.Jhpiego.org