ActionAid Malawi is a locally registered non-governmental organization under the Company’s Act limited by Guarantee and is an affiliate of ActionAid International, a federation of national organizations working in over 45 countries in Africa, Asia, Americas, and Europe regions. ActionAid has been working in Malawi since 1991 and works in partnership with communities, community-based organizations, civil society, social movements, and governments across the world to fight and eradicate poverty, injustice, and exclusion. We work with and support the poor and excluded people in the struggle to demand and claim their rights. Action Aid’s work is focused on women’s rights, right to education, food security, just and democratic governance, human security and HIV& AIDS. ActionAid Malawi is a Sub Recipient for Covid-19 Response Mechanism Community Engagement grant under the Global Fund through Ministry of Health.
ActionAid is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position to support the grant.
HIV Technical and Advocacy Coordinator
Reports To: Program Manager
No. of Positions: 1
Duration: October 2021 to December, 2023
The HIV Technical and Advocacy Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating innovative activities to preserve the results attained from Joint TB/HIV/AIDS Program. These will include but not limited to Implementation of the activities of the Global Fund component, support the SSR strategy to strengthen the technical and management capacity in the field of HIV, community mobilization and advocacy.
He/she will work in close collaboration with the other programme staff, operations team, programme staff in the Sub-Sub-Recipients (SSRs) and the National HIV program officials, technical advisors and experts, multi-lateral and bi-lateral donors and civil society ensuring successful implementation of the Global Fund program.
- Ensures implementation of programme strategies
- Ensures effective management of the Global Fund HIV programme focusing on quality control from formulation to implementation of the country program
- Ensures creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy in the HIV theme area
- Ensures provision of top-quality policy advisory services on HIV to the Government and National Institutional and facilitation of knowledge building and management.
- Ensures guidance and facilitation of knowledge building and sharing in the GF team.
- Knowledge management and learning
- Development and operational effectiveness
- Management and leadership
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, Social Sciences, Medical & Health Sciences, or related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in HIV including networking with and/or supervising other development partners including local NGOs, local government agencies and community-based organizations
- Experience in working with key populations such as female sex workers and men having sex with men
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing programmes with community-based organizations/local associations in rural areas.
- Experience in project planning, budgeting, monitoring, and evaluation
- Previous GF work experience would be an added advantage
Suitably qualified Malawian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. To apply for the position, submit your curriculum vitae with a motivation letter to [email protected] by 5pm on Monday, 22 nd October 2021.
All applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits and qualified women are especially encouraged to apply . Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
For more details about the job description visit our ActionAid International Malawi Website link:: https://malawi.actionaid.org/jobs/2021/covid-19-response-job-vacancies