Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO) is a locally registered non-governmental organization (NGO) established in 1995 to complement Government’s efforts in in the fight against HIV and AIDS and other health related issues. MACRO’s Vision is ‘A Malawian populace that enjoys good quality of life be it physical, mental and social wellbeing’ and its Mission is ‘to provide high quality HIV and AIDS and other health related services to the Malawian population.
With funding from CDC through Lighthouse Trust (LHT), MACRO is implementing the Achieving HIV Epidemic Control Through Quality HIV Testing Services: The Pivot Project and will be extending its services to Blantyre, Zomba, Ntchisi, Lilongwe, Mzimba, Rumphi, Nkhatabay and Likoma. In order to efficiently and effectively execute its mandate, MACRO is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position HIV Diagnostic Assistant tenable in health facilities in the respective implementing districts as follows;
L ocation and Number of Positions: Rumph (3 positions), Mzimba (20 positions), Nkhatabay (4 positions), Ntchisi (3 positions), Blantyre (5 position) and Zomba (5)
- Provides HIV Testing Services to clients according to National HIV Testing Guidelines for Malawi
- Provides health education talks to patients in Outpatient and Under 5 departments on the importance of HIV Testing.
- Supports linkage of newly diagnosed HIV positive clients to HIV treatment
- Collects data, keeps records, and writes reports
- Supports HTS quality assurance activities at the health facility
- Assists in monitoring and evaluation of project activities
- Must have Ministry of Health accredited HTS Certificate
- Must have MSCE or its equivalent
- Those trained in HIV Recency Testing, HIV Self Testing, or Active Index Testing shall have added advantage.
- Aged between 18 and 45 years
- Must be in good health and clear state of mind
- Be motivated, enthusiastic, sensitive and have a genuine desire to help others
- Adequate vision or wears corrective lenses
- Must have no criminal record
Knowledge and Skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Be able to communicate clearly in English
- Must be a Team player
All interested applicants for the above position are requested to submit their application, CV, educational qualifications, names and contact telephone numbers of at least three traceable referees to:
The Executive Director,
Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization through email to [email protected]
Closing date for receiving applications is Tuesday 21 st September, 2021. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.