Save the Children is inviting applications from suitably qualified personnel to fill the position of Head of Risk & Compliance (1 position) to be based at the Country Office. The role holder is responsible for providing leadership and coordination of all major risks affecting our programming and operations; ensuring that we can deliver for children in Malawi safely, legally, in compliance, and with limited delays. In an ever-changing operating context, Save the Children must be able to regularly and rapidly assess risks to the organization’s mission for children. This includes financial, reputational, strategic, and delivery risks. The role holder is expected to drive a holistic risk management process for the country office, ensuring risks are properly planned for and mitigated. The role holder will also be responsible for auditing our internal controls and compliance, leading on fraud prevention and response, and ensuring sufficient safeguarding measures are in place to protect our staff and people, especially children, with whom we work.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or auditing plus a certification or a Masters degree in the same discipline.
- Demonstrable experience at a senior level within both the commercial and NGO sectors, is preferable
- A strong interest in international development/humanitarian work
- Broad spectrum programme experience, with strong analytical skills
- Excellent business partnering and relationship building skills
- Proven ability to have a highly strategic focus, whilst dealing competently with operational matters
- The ability to understand and break down complex technical problems, both translating them into layperson’s terms as well as finding solutions which work
- Strong personal organisational and self-management skills with an ability to lead and work in teams and motivate others
- Experience of managing teams, as well as indirect relationships
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Willing to travel to support members directly or to relevant events as required.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5 th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 16 Nov 2021
Closing date: 30 Nov 2021 – 23:59 CAT
Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
Department: Risk Management
To apply for this job please visit malawi.savethechildren.net .