Main purpose of job:
Carry out general maintenance work in all High Commission properties, working to agreed maintenance programmes and responding to emergency requests as required, to standards required by UK Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office guidelines.
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
The successful applicant will have access to a range of learning and development opportunities both in-house and e-learning, with the potential for overseas training.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Lilongwe are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Malawi.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- The British High Commission does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
- Information about the Civil Service Success Profiles can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/success-profiles . Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Appointable candidates who were unsuccessful may be placed on a ‘reserve list’. If during the reserve period of 3/6 months the same or a largely similar role becomes available, that role may be offered to the second or subsequent candidate”.
To apply for this job please visit fco.tal.net .