Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO) is a locally registered non-governmental organization (NGO) established in 1995 to complement Government’s efforts in in the fight against HIV and AIDS and other health related issues. MACRO’s Vision is ‘A Malawian populace that enjoys good quality of life be it physical, mental and social wellbeing’ and its Mission is ‘to provide high quality HIV and AIDS and other health related services to the Malawian population.
With funding from USAID through World Education Inc. (Bantwana), MACRO is implementing the Ana Patsogolo Activity (APA) focusing on Orphaned and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) in Mangochi district. In order to efficiently and effectively execute its mandate, MACRO is inviting applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the position of Grant Finance Officer based at MACRO Secretariat in Lilongwe.
Reporting to the Project Accountant, the Grant Finance Officer will be responsible for the planning, analyzing, monitoring and controlling of project finances; reporting and contributing to the financial and management accounting tasks performed within APA Project
- Coordinating grant related post-award functions of budgeting; preparation of periodic donor invoices for project funds reimbursement; bank reconciliations of grant accounts and monthly cash flow forecasts.
- Ensuring timely preparation, consolidation and submission of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for APA project.
- Communicating monthly financial results to appropriate program staff informing them of the financial position of the project
- Enforcing compliance of Internal Controls and financial procedures amongst project staff
- Providing technical support to Project Officers by guiding implementation of activity budget and control expenditure
Required Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy
- Appropriate accounting certification and membership of a recognized professional accounting body (CA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA) will be added advantage.
- At least (2) years’ experience of working in a USAID grant funded project with knowledge in financial reporting and disbursement guidelines
- Excellent computer skills and be conversant in using accounting packages such as QuickBooks, MS Office Package and Sage
- Self-starter and ability to work independently, pay careful attention to detail and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Should have good communication skills and fluency in English.
All interested applicants for the above position are requested to submit their application, CV, educational qualifications, names and contact telephone numbers of at least three traceable referees to The Executive Director, Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization through email to [email protected]
Closing date for receiving applications is Monday, 18th October, 2021. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.