Title : Global Technical Lead, Unaddressed Refracted Error (URE)
Location: Sierra Leone/Kenya/Liberia or Malawi
Contract: Fixed Term Contract 3 years (renewable)
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
Purpose of role
To work with the Senior Global Technical Lead URE and Director Programme Strategy and Development to ensure technical leadership is provided in Africa region at organisational and programmatic levels*.* To ensure that Sightsavers’ refractive error projects are conceptualized, designed, and implemented as aligned with organisational and thematic strategy. There will be both regional and international travel throughout the year.
About the role of Global Technical Lead, URE
The role includes:
- Supporting the strategic direction for the global URE programme portfolio, to ensure Sightsavers programmes are informed by best available evidence and good practice and effectively designed, implemented and evaluated
- Providing technical leadership and expertise in URE to support programmes. Facilitating the capacity strengthening of country, partners and global teams in design and implementation of said programmes.
- Supporting pioneering of new strategic initiatives and innovative and environmentally sustainable approaches in URE to improve the quality of Sightsavers’ work.
- Contributing to research, innovation, policy, advocacy and communications agendas. Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Representing Sightsavers at national, regional and international professional and sector specific forums/meetings
Knowledge, skills and experience for Global Technical Lead, URE
- Post graduate qualifications in optometry or relevant qualification
- Post graduate degree or similar qualification in Public Health, Community Eye Health
- Proven experience in social business development, marketing, and supply chain management
- Proven track record of working closely with national government and international institutions such as WHO and other INGDO’s
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English
- Strong leadership, influencing and networking
- A relationship builder both internally and externally
- An understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity for people with disabilities
- Able to travel for up to 12-16 weeks a year (regional and international)
- French or Portuguese language skills an advantage
The Global Technical Lead, URE is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Considering that this position is Africa focused, the location can also be a country where Sightsavers has its office. Please see the Job Description for full details.
Closing date: 31 December 2021
Interviews are likely to take place week commencing 17 January 2022
Please go to our web site and use the portal to access the job and apply for the opportunity. Please detail all relevant professional work experience in your application form.
As an equal opportunity Employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader therefore qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
How to apply