|Type of role|
|Full Time||40 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date||31 May 2021|
|Interview date||To be advised|
|Start date||As soon as possible|
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
We aim to reach five million of the poorest and most excluded people by 2022.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Global Education Practice Area Lead at VSO.
We are looking for an experienced strategic leader who can significantly increase the scale and reach of our global Education portfolio.
Over the past five years we have supported almost 3,500,000 children to access the quality education they deserve. By 2022, we want to reach another five million.
This is a fantastic time to join VSO as we look to scale up and deepen our impact across Africa and Asia.
Skills, qualifications and experience
A result-driven individual with exceptional interpersonal skills and a successful track record of leadership at a senior level. The successful applicant will have:
Strong experience in influencing and delivering results cross-organisationally at a global level in large, complex development organizations.
Experience in driving long term change through a global portfolio of work.
Experience in creating and maintaining a high performing, globally dispersed team
Experience and ability to lead the global development and implementation of the education programming, assessment, and planning cycle.
We are looking for a resilient leader who shares our values:
• Empower poor and marginalized people to take charge of their own development
• Share skills and knowledge to create long-lasting, sustainable change
• Build collaborative partnerships that promote innovation, growth, and impact
• Lead volunteering for development, setting the standard for ourselves and others
• Use evidence and insight to guide our actions
• Recruit the right people and work where we have the greatest impact
• Stand beside and advocate for those who have been denied choice and opportunity
• Promote diversity and equality throughout our work
• Encourage different, inquisitive perspectives
• Commit to safeguarding and take a zero-tolerance approach to abuse and harm
• Treat others with respect, as equals
• Be open, transparent, and accountable in everything we do
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
• Location: Various VSO Country Offices with 25-50% travel
• Responsible to: Executive Director, Programmes, this role is one of the senior leads of the programme function at VSO
• Contract type: Permanent
We also offer a range of additional staff benefits:
• Flexible working hours
• Medical and retirements benefits
• Employee and Volunteer Assistance Programme offering free, confidential support and guidance on a wide range of topics from money matters to legal issues, as well as counselling and a helpline.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
To apply for this job please visit www.vsointernational.org .