Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the – Global Insurance Officer in London or at any existing Save the Children office location.
Through regular engagement with SCI’s global insurance broker and SCI’s Regional and Country Offices ensure, on global basis, local compliance with insurance requirements and as agreed under global insurance structure.
Ensure up to date records of all local insurance arrangements is held in the global insurance repository.
Responsible for the annual global renewal information collation and analysis to allow for timely and effective renewal negotiations.
Provide advice, support and guidance to Country and Regional Offices relating to general insurance covers and re-charges and take direct accountability for this.
Manage and take accountability for all insurance claims below £25,000 and support the Global Head of Insurance in administering the large and complex claims.
Ensure that information is made available to relevant stakeholders in efficient manner; processes are updated as relevant and Intranet is up to date.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Global Head of Insurance
Staff reporting to this post: N/A
Budget Responsibilities: N/A
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Ensure, on global basis, all local compliance with insurance requirements and as agreed under global insurance structure and report on regular basis to the Finance Committee of the Board
- Ensure up to date records of all 300+ local insurance policies are held in the global insurance repository
- Prepare, update, and present accurately, all the information required by insurers, brokers and service providers in accordance with the annual renewal timetable
- Participate in, and contribute to, the negotiation of insurance policy renewals, to obtain the best possible combination of premiums, excesses and terms, appropriate to SCI’s needs
- Administer relevant policy documents and process renewal invoices in correspondence to the insurance budget
- Take responsibility for the implementation of Datix as SCI’s in-house insurance and claims management system and the interface of this with Marsh’s Marsh Global Connect
- Create and maintain accurate records of losses and claims, and ensure that timely and accurate information and statistics are supplied by insurers / claims managers
- Respond to notifications of loss, damage or injury, and ensure that the correct claims reporting procedures are understood and followed by staff and volunteers
- Manage insurance claims and support in administration of complex claims until their final reimbursement to the correct budget holder/claimant
- Draft and distribute internal procedural guidelines and information documents
- Respond to requests for information or guidance from any part of SCI and from external service providers, and to provide a helpful and meaningful response
- Undertakes gap analysis between local cover and global policies and support in effective resolution of any unacceptable gaps
- Identify and flag new insurance risks to the Global Head of Insurance and communicate with brokers and insurers accordingly.
- Communicate insurance arrangements and insurable risk management guidelines to stakeholders using appropriate media
- To participate fully as a member of the Risk team, being prepared to contribute to the formulation of work plans and support team members by working flexibly to ensure the effective provision of services
- Develop an understanding of insurance and risk financing theory and practice (with external
study and tuition if appropriate)
- Participate in external groups and organisations (e.g. Airmic) when doing so will contribute to
the effectiveness of the role performed in SCI
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience of an In-house Insurance Role within a global organisation
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail and good awareness of compliance and legal issues
- Experience of managing and administering complex issues with the ability to consistently stay on task and deliver results
- A demonstrable ability to maintain positive professionalism and productivity under occasional periods of intense work pressure
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse setting
- A positive “can do” attitude and deep commitment to Save the Children’s mission
- Member of a professional insurance/risk body e.g. Chartered Insurance Institute, Institute of Risk Management
- Working towards obtaining CII qualifications
- Qualified to degree level
We can offer circa £34,00 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible of working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work – Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 5 Jul 2021
Closing date: 14 Jul 2021 – 00:59 CAT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Risk Management
To apply for this job please visit malawi.savethechildren.net .