Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the – Finance Director – International Programmes at any existing Save the Children office location.
The role holder will:
- Strengthen the impact and effectiveness of SCI’s portfolio of international programmes by ensuring high quality financial planning, analysis and decision support to leaders across SCI.
- Key business partner to the International Programmes Senior Management Team (IPSMT) and Regional Directors in driving the finance strategy across the Regions and Country Officess.
- Provide inspiring leadership to a team of IP business partners in SCI centre, and to finance teams in regional and country offices, building a culture of continuous improvement, developing leadership talent and professional skills at scale, and building capability.
- Support country offices to shape a programme portfolio which implements the objectives of the 2022-24 strategy, and maximises impact towards our strategic goals.
- Support country offices to plan and manage their budgets to ensure sustainability, an appropriate proportion of non-thematic costs, and effective cost recovery mechanisms.
- Ensure strong support from finance teams to new business development, and driving the income growth strategy in our Global Funding Framework
- Drive continuous improvements in efficiency and effectiveness in the operations of SCI, to increase the value for money we offer our donors.
- Drive an ambitious finance transformation agenda in regional and country offices, and support finance teams in driving effective delivery of key global transformation projects relevant to finance (including coding, Source to Pay, Flexible Operating Model).
- Lead coordination with members on financial management of domestic programming, to promote coherent financial management approaches and consolidated of Save the Children’s total programme portfolio.
- Lead thinking about the financial aspects of our strategy for localisation, and appropriate financial relationships with partner organisations.
- Provide prompt and insightful reporting and analysis to Management Committee, Trustees and members on programme finances in SCI and across the membership.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Senior financial management leadership, within a complex global organisation with a proven track record of managing CO and field level finance operations.
- Proven and demonstrable track record of transforming a budgeting and forecasting structure in a global organisation to be a true business partner.
- Demonstrate effective business partnering skills in an environment with potentially conflicting interests.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, and to tight deadlines.
- Energy, drive and experience to effect very material change in a large complex organisation
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching – ability to work with people of all levels from CEO to junior staff and across all functions including programme development and awards management leadership.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
Note that the role requires travel to developing as well as developed countries (estimate 20 days a year).
We can offer circa £ 65,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based at any existing Save the Children office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work – Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 3 Aug 2021
Closing date: 2 Sep 2021 – 00:59 CAT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
To apply for this job please visit malawi.savethechildren.net .